or Connect

Posts by shagonarock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braxton_Hicks_contractions   Is this any reassurance? Apparently there are 'practice contractions' which are normal and involve mild cramping. I wouldn't know though, so see a doctor or a midwife if you feel worried.
Congrats on your pregnancy and coming remarriage :)   It's ok bmcneal, you didn;t trigger me. I've been through some of this stuff and heard it from other women so I'm kind of desensitized.     I wouldn't worry ahead but I'd definitely be cautious. This guy sounds really creepy and controlling, and what he did to you was coerced sex (AKA rape which is pretty much the same thing). He already admitted to one rape. Oh yeah, and you're not stupid. He found you...
It sounds weird, but melting a little paraffin wax into chocolate makes it harder and glossier. Maybe that would help with decorating and transporting the ganached things?   Brownie or lemon bars might be easier than icing cupcakes... http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/category/recipes/dessert/cookies
You're right to be concerned about your kids... a lot of the time an indulgent parent will dismiss fighting as normal sibling rivalry or 'kids being kids', but the bullying can get pretty bad if one child learns they can get away with it. Especially if the other child gets blamed each time there's conflict. If you disagree on discipline, then that issue can also be a wedge between you.   Also I agree with you that it's not good that he minimises his sons behaviour...
Thanks. I told my partner that I couldn't make it to the playdate because I preferred to be at my friends birthday dinner... I also talked about being unhappy because there wasn't much time connecting without his attention being half on something else. It also turns out the play date was cancelled anyway because kiddo was sick with that hand mouth and foot virus, and we met at the dinner.   I chose to spend this weekend at my own flat so dad and son have time to...
Whoops, I edited too soon.     Thanks for your support guys.   I was also quite surprised at how fast I was introduced to his son and encouraged to be involved... I met his son at an outing before we started dating,  and wondered if it was a good idea for me to be barrelled into the kids life so soon with the staying over (or for my nerves!). Being such a presence was at Dad's initiative (though I enjoy being over and like a member of his family), and he tells...
Thanks for your reply greenemami. :)   We don't live together, but I've been accepted into his family and frequently stay on weekends (Friday through to Monday and go straight to work). He does get time with his son as I step back and let them be together.   It's especially tricky because he's a shift worker, and his sons visits coincide with mine... so often the kid comes first and I miss out on time with my partner. (His son should come first, I agree. And am...
Hi all. I'm not sure I qualify as a step mother because I'm not married to my boyfriend.. this is a reasonably new relationship, about 6 months. But I joined because I've been quickly entered into that sort of role by dating a single dad, and wanted some advice on interacting with a 3 yo boy who lives with his mother and visits with his father. It's a bit of a tricky situation with friction between the ex-partners around visits, new partners and support payments (myself...