or Connect

Posts by obscure

Your options will be different depending on where you are as well. Differents States/ Countries / Provinces or what-not, have very different laws and programs regarding custody that could help you
My ex hasnt asked, so it is mostly me worrying and thinking how I'd feel not seeing my son on Chrstmas. Christmas has always been a big deal for my family and I want to make it a big thing for my son too. For us, it is all about family. Being with those that you love. I wouldnt mind inviting my ex over to spend the night and do all the stockings and morning gifts with us. To me, my lil man then gets to see both his parents whom he loves and adores. My parents live only 5...
So, Christmas is a couple of weeks a way and my ex and I still havent discussed what will happen. We know our son is with me and my family Christmas day and with his on Boxing day. That parts fine. But what about christmas day? I'm sure my ex wants to see our son and, being its a big day, I want my son to share some of it with his Dad. I thought about offering to let him stay over to do stockings and gifts for our son in the morning and then jet off about 9 for my own...
Thank you all for your responses! I was really starting to feel down and it is good to know that every one feel's this way at some point. I think it is just the being three getting to him. I feel like I'm constantly tensed for battle! lol. He'll just scream and whine and fight for a few days ... and then suddenly he's my sweet and loving little man. I need to enjoy that time more and not be tensed and expecting the next bout of upset. I do need a little me time. I sat...
So, I don't know where to start, but I really think I just need someone to talk to. I have a three year old son and have been a single mom since he was six months old. His Dad is still "around". ... but he rarely takes our son and doesnt contribute in any way to his care and upbringing. Occasionally I go out with friends for an evening but I always put my boy to bed befoe I leave him with family and I pick him up early the next morning. We are always together except when...