or Connect

Posts by Natasha Oliver

You are completely welcome!! I was so happy to be able to support someone else's decision to have a UC. Our little man was born at 2:09 am on Nov 21st 2012, he's 2 weeks old now.  I was so happy to have an UC.  I had family and friends here that helped out with the kids and hung out and made conversation.  They all did a great job of helping out with our other little ones and helping to keep the house tiddy.  It never bothered me to look up while in labor and see my step...
The cord being wrapped around the baby's throat is actually VERY common. The hospital establishments make it out to be such an OMG thing! My first little one had the cord wrapped around his throat twice and was whisked away in a hurry. I understand what you mean by the your experience traumatizing you, my first birth is what made me empower myself as well. If you are concerned about the cord being wrapped around your baby throat just pay attention or have your partner...
I know how you feel to a certain extent. my first midwife during my last pregnancy dropped us due to my pre exsisting medical issues.  Then after doing so she blocked me from finding anyone local to accept me as a homebirthing momma.  It was very upsetting!    I ended up finding a couple of great midwives at around 9 months and everything went great, but my main one gave me the strength and encouragment to go it solo next time around.  Which brings me to where we are...