or Connect

Posts by Escaping

There's no way I'd pay that much money for a bassinet. Well, maybe if I was rich, they are pretty cute... but if I spend that kind of money, it's going to be for something that lasts years!    In the beginning, I used a regular bassinet which was also good to roll into the bathroom if I had to shower, then I started using the crib. Worked perfectly.   As for the sheets, we have a Sealy mattress protector. The protector itself is great, it's not plastic-y and...
  Little off topic.... but it depends on the jeans!  I find Urban Star jeans from Costco SO comfortable! They're stretchy and fit SO well that I sometimes forget I'm wearing pants! LOL
I personally wouldn't say anything either if she's just wearing it for comfort. I'm on mat leave now and my main pants are yoga pants and I'm not doing it for any kind of attention. They're just comfortable and if you wear brand names, you don't look like a bum with them out in public! lol I would focus more on her behavior and attitude than her clothes. 
I say whenever it's not the "wrong time" :)   I know what you mean about expecting the relationship to last but who ever knows? I personally figure if things did go south, it would be logistically easier to have 2 kids from the same dad than to be separating them all the time for visits... same with Christmas presents, things like that. I'd like both kids to be "equal". I know adults say they love everyone equally and extended families "treat them as their own" but...
I had an OB but he found it instantly at about 8 weeks... He never had to search for it but I think he was just really good at what he did. He was also a professor and often had students with him, the students always had troubles, they were searching nowhere near where they should have been lol (even when I was like 39 weeks). He's probably done it 50 times a day for the past 30 years though.
"A new study found that the circumcision rates are heavily influenced by whether or not the father is circumcised."   This drives me insane!!   I can tolerate people who circumcise their newborns for "medical reasons", at least they have good intentions but the "his dad is circumcised" people... you're cutting off a part of your son's penis!! 
  I did it, it wasn't that bad :) I can imagine it would be nicer to be able to stay in your own bed at home, but the alternative isn't that awful. My son is just turning 1 now and his birth is just a distant memory. We've shared so many ups and down since he was born that his birth is probably the most "insignificant" part of his entire existence.    For me, being in the hospital for 48 hours was even helpful. I got to focus on skin-to-skin, breastfeeding and nothing...
I could be wrong, but my intuition would tell me an IVF pregnancy would be more delicate than a naturally conceived one. I'd definitely go with an OB, but that's more my personality than actual medical advice. 
I just realized what you meant by "train"... is it a commuter train where everyone sits quietly?  Being worn and sitting quietly was one thing my baby never tolerated for an instant if he was awake, if he was sleeping it didn't matter, but if he was awake, I was expected to be walking or moving from place to place providing him with new things to look at all the time  I know these aren't popular among the baby-wearing...
Have you ever heard of valerian root? My mom used to give that to me to get me to sleep me (and made it no secret lol). At the time she gave it to me, it came in brown sugar coated pills (kind of like mini m&m's) but apparently you can take it yourself and transfer it via breastmilk. You're just warned to be careful if you're co-sleeping because you yourself will sleep deeper. But with a child almost 3 years old that might not be as much of a problem anymore. I'm not...