or Connect

Posts by Escaping

We have polished marble floors in the kitchen/bathrooms/foyer and hardwood everywhere else... it is SO worth the extra money... truly easy to clean and nothing builds up... god help anyone who steps on it with wet feet though. It's not an issue for us but if we have guests, we have to put carpets out and make sure no one accidentally comes in with wet feet.
  I've always liked Arianna (or any variation of the spelling), but I would avoid any name with the word "hump" in it... that might just be asking to be bullied 
  You're right, my house is a bit of a hippie commune... we don't have very many rules and the ones we do have usually get broken, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. However, I wasn't suggesting that the OP agree with me or everyone should be like me, just that when people are upset that their boundaries were disregarded, it might be an idea to explore whether or not it's even worth the energy to be mad or fight about it when the person will probably never...
First, you'll do fine.   If you don't already have one, get yourself a computer chair with wheels and a bassinet on wheels for each baby and you'll be unstoppable :)  The worst of the pain is at around 12 hours post surgery and after that it starts to get better. By the time you get home from the hospital,  you'll feel fine as long as you're sitting (which is where the computer chair comes in). The worst part about the whole thing is literally your own fear. I was...
Just a hint ... most people "cheat" with disposables every once in a while... in the car or at night.... because cloth needs to be changed every hour or so in the beginning, in case you need a break or want to let your baby sleep a little longer, you might want to keep some disposables on hand.  There will always be people who tell you that they never once used a disposable, which is admirable and they probably saved a lot of money... but there is no prize at the end...
Everything in moderation... we don't have any strict rules about anything being disallowed in the house. My son had to drink pop on a plane ride at 13 months because the airport made me dump all the drinks I had for him and the plane ran out of juice and water. All they had left was coffee and pop. I wasn't happy about it (although he seemed to be! ) but it wasn't the end of the world. I think obesity has more to do with kids spending their lives indoors than it does...
  I just wish people were smarter with the vehicles they chose... some people need SUVs... I'm one of them... and I have a gas-guzzling one at that. However, I only purchase at most about 500l (132gal) of fuel a year. I'm constantly getting attacked at the gas station by people who drive "Smart" cars but commute 100kms a day to work... that's about 10l of fuel a day, 50l a week and 500l in 10 weeks... I could also argue that I wish people wouldn't work so far away from...
  LOL... that sounds like something my mom would say. "Oh shut up you old bag!" sounds like something I would say    I have a very small family so everyone knows family is always welcome... but they also know not to be surprised if I get annoyed if they show up unannounced. I don't do anything special, they just sit on my couch and maybe drink a coffee. It might make your life easier to ask yourself why do you care? Why does it bother you so much if they show up? Does...
Even though in the first few weeks your baby is super tiny, your placenta isn't. I think by just a few weeks, the fluid around your baby is about the size of a grapefruit, so your uterus is actually expanding way faster than your baby is growing. 
If you have an iPod, iPad or iPhone, try this app: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/growth-charts/id446639811?mt=8 It's free and you can plot your child's weight and it gives you a much clearer picture about your baby's weight trends... if not, you can even print out the WHO growth chart and plot everything with a marker.  I do recall hearing at 7-9 months, their weight slows down a lot, especially as they start eating solids, so if your baby looks normal, he's...