or Connect

Posts by suddenly6

Thank you! I talked to DH about it tonight and he said kind of the same thing. As a child of divorce, he was mostly with his mom but her new husband had kids that lived with their mom and only visited. His dad had a son from his first marriage who actually lived with his grandparents (his mom died) and just visited his dad. His dad's various wives and girlfriends had kids that lived with them and kids that visited. So yeah, it sucked, but there were all different...
Waa...waaa....waaa. Ok, now that I've got that out of my system, I really am interested in feedback/advice.   DH has 3 sons (7, 10, 13) and I have 2 (6, 8) and we have a daughter (8 months) together. We've been married for a year in April so we're VERY new to this. DH grew up with divorce and remarriage (and divorce and remarriage ad nauseum) but my parents are still together so I've never experienced ANY of this. My boys are with us most of the time. They go to...
I don't want to say I'm glad someone else is going through this because I honestly wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but it is comforting to know we're not alone. I thought last night was somewhat better than the last few days but DH was about to explode by the time the kids went to bed. I guess that goes to show that we really do get used to our own kids and their brand of game-playing and kind of get immune to it.    I do think my son is testing this new...
DH and I got married in April. He had 3 boys, I had 2, and I was pregnant with our daughter. It's been a busy year.   Right around the time we got married, my ex divorced his wife. She was the one he left me for and she had been my boys' stepmom for three years. They also had a stepbrother with her.    I don't agree with the way my ex handled it, but that's no great surprise, really. He didn't tell the boys anything. He came to pick them up one weekend and told...
No advice but I feel for you. I go through this with my parents every year. When my oldest was born, I told my parents and my ex's parents that anyone who wanted to was welcome at our house any time on Christmas day but I was not going to drag my children all over town trying to visit everyone that day. We'd do visits before or after but on Christmas day, we were going to be at our house enjoying our family. Every year, my parents came to our house but ex's family just...
Thanks to both of you! I think I sort of underestimated how much of an adjustment this would be for all of us (naive...I know!) My boys adored my husband when we were dating and they loved visiting with him and his kids so I kind of thought that moving in together would just "work". In a lot of ways it has, but just because they loved visiting with him doesn't mean they love living with him and his rules and routines and whatever. I know that part will get better with...
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Barbara. My ex-husband left me and our two boys back in 2008 so it was just the three of us for a while. He saw the boys every other weekend when he had nothing better to do, but it was mostly just us. Last year, I started dating a man who has three boys. Technically, he has 50/50 custody with his ex but the kids come to his house after school every day and he frequently takes them extra when she has other things to do. He does all...