or Connect

Posts by 3inclothdiapers

Thanks for the info everyone. We haven't actually talked to the Birth Center where I had #5 yet to see how they'll handle this. We do know that the only way the homebirth midwife can attend our birth is if we find a home/apartment to rent/borrow for the birth, because the nearest hospital with OB services is over an hour from our house. She said we'd need to get much closer for her to do a homebirth for us. The Birth Center we used before is 90 minutes away, so it is a...
Hi all! I am pregnant with my 6th baby. Babies #1-4 were born in hospitals. Baby #5 was born in a Birth Center with a midwife. I've been chatting with a midwife who does homebirths, and she said that because this is #6, I have a risk score of 3 and will have to consult with an OB in order to have a homebirth. Does anyone have more information on how they figure out this risk score? Apparently it is based solely on the fact that I have had 5 previous babies (and I'm lumped...
Duh! It didn't even occur to me that I could just buy natural and dye it!
Anyone know if I can buy colored sherpa fabric anywhere? I know Kissaluvs probably has theirs custom-milled, but there's got to be a store somewhere that sells pretty sherpa like that! Anyone know?
I think it's just a way of reading the list a little easier, especially since some stores' names take up more than one line, so they alternate italic and regular. I guess. That's what I thought, anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by mimid Wonder Wraps :
I 2nd Under the Nile fitteds. My 2-mo-old is wearing one right now, under an Aristocrats wool cover. I agree that Luke's Drawers are too bulky. My 2-year-old refuses to wear them! He actually uses disposables at night, because no matter what I tried he would still wake up crying a couple of times a night. We did try using a BumGenius at night for a little while, and if I remember correctly, he didn't leak. I'm loving Haute Pockets now. I think they would work at night...
I've been cloth diapering for almost 5 years, and the stash has changed more times than I'm willing to admit, but here's what we are doing now: 2 month old is in infant prefolds most of the time. He JUST outgrew the small Bummis SWW and has moved to mediums. Also uses WonderWraps and Wiggle Worm Bottoms covers. At night he wears a fitted diaper with an Aristocrats wool soaker. 2-year-old is in Haute Pockets most of the time now. We also have some AIO's which I made....
I've been doing a lot of reading about minerals lately, and would like to start taking them. It seems like the ones in ionic form are better absorbed by the body right? I also need a good multi-vitamin that has decent levels of folic acid and calcium. I've seen several brands of liquid vitamin/mineral supplements but wanted to know if there's any in particular that are better. It seems ideal to get all the vitamins and minerals in one liquid rather than having to take a...
Bella Bottoms haven't really been around for that long, I don't think. I had some and liked the fit but they needed doublers to be absorbent enough. But for $8 per diaper it can't hurt to try one! You should definitely try a sample of each diaper you are considering before investing in a whole stash!