or Connect

Posts by 3inclothdiapers

They are made of the same material and both work awesome. The Bummis NB Whisper pants fit a little sooner than the Dappis. I have 3 Bummis NB for the early days, and then tons of dappis in all sizes.
I am taking a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement because I am currently avoiding all dairy while I breastfeed my son, who has allergic colitis and silent reflux. I am getting ready to start him on probiotics, plus will be taking them myself, along with digestive enzymes (I'm wondering if part of the problem is that I'm not digesting things fully enough and bigger pieces of protein get into my milk and irritate him? Someone else told me enzymes really helped in a similar...
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunchyCate Have you tried eliminating soy or corn? We were able to get the colitis under control with eliminating milk...and then I've eliminated other things that made her sick or cranky (tomatoes, shrimp, citrus.) Do you think you might suffer from leaky gut? I suspect I do, because 3 of my 4 have had reactions to food I eat, and I now have multiple food allergies. I tried to eliminate soy but it has been...
Quote: Originally Posted by firefaery Have you taken the baby for any structural work? It can be a sign of allergies, but it can also be a structural issue. An immature system can be dealt with very effectively with CST. A baby that is throwing up constantly is having a sympathetic response and is generally unable to right him or herself. It is a vicious cycle. THe more they throw up the more out of whack they get. CST can bring the balance between...
Quote: Originally Posted by formerluddite if you had antibiotics during pregnancy (or frequent use during your life), it can disrupt your natural flora, the flora that baby gets exposed to on his way out in birth, which then colonize his GI tract. or if he got antibiotics, his gut flora will be out of whack and make him more suceptible to allergies. I haven't had antibiotics in about 3 years, and didn't really have them frequently during my...
As I type this ds is crying and screaming and squirming (in my arms). And I'm sad because I know my milk is making him feel terrible. Like one of his older brothers, he has allergic colitis (which is also causing him some silent reflux too). With my other son elimination dieting did not help. I spent 6 MONTHS trying to make him feel better and ultimately gave up and put him on Neocate and had a happy baby within a couple of days. It's almost like this is a generalized...
I've tried eliminating foods, but the problem is he also has allergic colitis (the allergic colitis' gas may actually be what is causing the reflux). We went through the whole allergic colitis thing with ds1 and after MONTHS of "experimenting" I was never able to get him totally better. The GI told me that the allergic colitis, while it IS outgrown by 1 year old in most cases, does not respond to elimination dieting a lot of the time. Now I'm sure that his problems are...
My favorite pocket is Haute Pockets (if you haven't seen my thread about them!). Fuzzi Bunz are nice too. Not sure if a small would fit a 9 lb-er. A small did fit my baby who was 10 lb 12 oz at birth though. I've never tried one on my smaller babies.
It's similar to BG for the opening; it's down about an inch from the back edge. I find them to be pretty trim. Someone asked about "hook and loop"- that's the kind of closure velcro is. The fuzzy part is loop and the scratchy part is hook. I put them on the middle rise setting for the baby. I didn't find them to be "poofy" in the middle, even though there's just 2 sets of snaps for rise, and not 3 like the Wonderwraps. I think that addressed most of the...
I got aplix. Love these! : (I just ordered 10 more...) Hope my stuff on the TP sells real soon...