or Connect

Posts by 3inclothdiapers

My babies were 9 lb 7 oz, 8 lb 8 oz, 10 lb 12 oz, and 10 lb 13 oz. They've all fit into newborn stuff BRIEFLY... This one is around 13 lb now and still fits small Bummis and newborn dappi pull-ons. I'm using infant prefolds a lot. When he was first born though, we used prefold-fitteds by the Fanciful Fanny; he already outgrew the smalls though. Onesize stuff will fit him with the rise folded down. I've never tried the newborn Cuddlebuns but they look nice. We have a ton of...
I also posted this in the tribe area (or whatever you call it!) but figured I should ask here too: I ordered my wheat from Wheat Montana (to use in my new Nutrimill!) and the shipping is crazy. Is there a good source for wheat in the Raleigh area (either through a health food store or a co-op or whatever)? Thanks!
I love them too. I keep Bumkins AIO's in the diaper bag, plus use them for doctor's appointments. I also angle the tabs down a bit so the velcro has never been a problem. I always tuck a doubler in them too. We've never had leaks with these.
I'm getting ready to sew up some large pocket diapers for ds2. Ds3 is going to be outgrowing his infant prefolds soon. I'd love to just be able to use the prefolds as stuffers for the large pockets. Anyone try this? Are they absorbent enough? I'm trying to save myself time and money by not making or buying inserts...
I was off dairy for a month and ds didn't get totally better (allergic colitis symptoms). Chances are he's sensitive to other foods in addition to the dairy. The same could be true for your baby, but you really need to give it a little longer before drawing conclusions. Give it at least a couple of weeks. I know it's hard dealing with this stuff. Hopefully you'll get some answers and your baby will get better.
ds2 is 2 years old today! For a while now it's become quite obvious that his "onesize" Cuddlebuns fitteds are not going to take him all the way to potty training. Plus, lately he's been telling me he doesn't like them. I think the doubler is bothering him. In other fitteds where I lay in a doubler he says the same thing and grabs at the diaper. Of course, we can still use premium prefolds with a large BSWW. But in the interest of faster diaper changes, I was thinking...
Ds (6 weeks old) has symptoms of silent reflux and allergic colitis. He's been on zantac for almost 2 weeks now, and does seem to be feeling better some of the time, but his poops are still pretty nasty. So, i'm continuing to be dairy-free with my diet. Here's the problem- normally I would sometimes have grilled cheese, or quesadillas, or alfredo pasta, or something else with lots of dairy in it. Now that those options are out, I've been eating a lot of peanut butter and...
Quote: Originally Posted by mimiharshe I would do whatever I could to get him off Zantac, even if that means formula. He's been pretty fussy after feedings this morning... I was able to nurse him in church but then had to get up and leave a little bit later when he started fussing. (It's kind of annoying that it's so easy to NIP and yet I have to worry about the inevitable crying afterwards! Normally it's the nursing that gets babies to...
We are on city water, so I don't think that's the problem. It's funny you mention water though; dh had asked me if maybe I should drink bottled water for a while and see if that does anything. ds has seemed a little happier the last couple of days; either it's finally been long enough for the no-dairy to work, OR the zantac is working, OR we have just figured out how to hold him and comfort him so that he doesn't get as upset. Who knows. He actually gone 48 hours...
Sounds like it would work. Do you have other covers you can use with the prefolds? Because if you use the WWB as pockets, you can only use them once before they need to be washed. (This is assuming you'd still need to use some of the prefolds for a while until you are able to buy some more pockets or fitteds or whatever).