or Connect

Posts by 3inclothdiapers

That's what I thought... I guess for Thanksgiving I'll have to make myself a special batch of mashed potatoes with water or rice milk or something... if it'll help him feel better though I know it'll be totally worth it. At least turkey is dairy-free! yum!
Sounds like self-soothing to me; be grateful for that!
Due to fussiness and mucusy stools in my 2-week-old, I've cut out dairy from my diet to see if it helps. It's been about 48 hours now. How long does it usually take to see improvement? I thought he was doing better yesterday but then last night we had a very rough night, and this morning he's been pretty upset too.
Yes, I was using the clip thing, and had it tightened too. I'll try crossing the straps and see if that helps. The Ergo seemed so appealing because ds was almost 11 lb at birth so I know he'll be causing me back and shoulder pain if I try to use the snugli a lot! We'll keep trying for now....
I have an Ergo carrier (the new one) and last weekend I carried my newborn in it with the infant insert. Dh helped me get adjusted but I kept feeling like the straps were slipping off of my shoulders. Is this a carrier that just works better on broader-shouldered people? Can I cross the straps in the back to help this? For what I paid, I really want to LOVE the Ergo, or else I'm going to sell it. Anyway, thoughts?
So, before I had the baby I was obsessive, online all the time, trying to perfect the stash... Now the baby is here, and 2 weeks old, and I found that (gasp) I don't even really like some of the diapers we have, plus I think we have way too many, and I'm actually looking forward to selling a bunch of them in a few weeks! I have actually caught myself wondering what it would be like to just use disposables all the time. I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon though! In...
For some background- 3 years ago ds1 was a newborn and we were dealing with him being VERY upset after feedings and having mucusy (and sometimes with blood in them) poops. I posted a lot on this forum and tried lots of elimination dieting, and nothing ever helped. A GI doctor diagnosed him with allergic colitis, which doesn't always respond to elimination dieting, but fortunately is outgrown (in ds1' case, he was totally fine by 12 months old and has been able to eat...
I forgot to put on there that I do have 2 small Bumkins AIO's for doctor's appointments or whatever, since they are the easiest for other people to figure out! Also have a small Biobottoms wool wrap I forgot to mention. Not really wanting anymore wool at this point. I guess I really am set...
I am due next week, and am forcing myself to rest a bit today (don't want to go into labor before my mom gets here to watch the kids!). What better thing to do than to ponder the newborn stash and surf the internet??? So, here's what I've got; keep in mind this baby is already around 8 1/2 lb (according to the doctor's estimations from feeling my belly) so we are looking at at least 9 lb probably (my last one was 10 lb 12 oz so a 9-pounder would be wonderful!). 12...
Thanks for sharing! I love reading about what is working well for everyone's newborns. Mine is due in less than 2 weeks... though we are expecting a 9-10 lb baby so "newborn" stuff will likely be skipped in favor of smalls!