or Connect

Posts by 3inclothdiapers

We keep it simple. If it'll fall off in the toilet, we let it. If not, into the (dry) pail it goes. That's what the pre-rinse is for! You can get a bit of toilet paper to help scrape it off if you want. But no dunking or spraying here. We wash every other day and have never had any problems with stinky diapers.
It sounds like, all things considered, you are doing GREAT! Don't feel guilty at all!!!
I know you said you've been around a long time and already know all the laundry stuff, but FWIW I wanted to say that when I tried to use vinegar my diapers smelled funky. When I went back to the basics (just laundry detergent and nothing else (except the occasional TTO or GSE in the pre-rinse)) the diapers smell so much better (they smell like nothing!). Take a break from cloth if you need to, even if it's just for the nighttime diapers. We used sposies at night for a...
I'm not sure if anyone would buy an entire set of china through the newspaper, or even ebay for that matter. My mom has purchased quite a bit of our china pattern for us, from ebay. But it's only a place setting at a time or a serving platter or whatever. Normally china is registered for as a wedding gift, so I think it's rare for someone to just buy a whole set like that (at least if they are hoping to receive it as gifts!). I would try craigslist or some other free...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Bumping this old thread to say, if it's worth keeping it's worth taking to a copy store and paying for the scan or worth bribing a friend with a scanner to scan. I told dh we need to get a scanner. Not necessarily for report cards, but because the kids are doing more and more arts and crafts and I'm having trouble deciding what to keep! I want to start scanning their creations and only keep a few of the...
An hour is too long for most adults to sit still and listen to someone talk!!!! No, I would not expect a 5-year-old to sit still that long and actually pay attention the whole time. I have always loved science as well. I attended a summer science program at the local university when I was 8 years old. I remember there was very little time spent just sitting listening. Everything was very hands-on and I LOVED it. I would wait a couple of days and ask him again if...
I agree- be prepared for a fight if you try to go back to cloth! My ds wore disposables at night for a few months and when we switched back he would say "I don't like it" and tug at his diaper every night when I was getting him ready. He still says it sometimes but he's grinning at me so I think he's just being funny now. Would I use cloth just for one diaper a day? I don't know. If I were in your situation I'd probably use disposables until the new baby comes and makes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zanymom Bikini Cut Cuddlebuns me too!
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to keep the snugli and try to sell the ergo for now. My dd actually had hip displaysia (not sure how to spell that!) as a newborn and had to wear a harness to keep them aligned properly. She spent a TON of time in the snugli while wearing the harness and her hips were perfect after only 6 weeks in the harness. So, the snugli didn't hurt her there! (We already knew that the hip condition runs in dh's family). Anyway, now I just...
My first 3 children rode in the snugli until they became too heavy for my back and shoulder comfort (which was WAY sooner than the weight limit!). This time I decided to buy an Ergo. I got a brand new one with infant insert, and have tried it out with a doll. Of course, being pregnant I haven't really been able to try it out for real! But anyway, I've spent too much $ on other areas lately and have some bills coming due soon, and keep playing with the idea of selling the...