or Connect

Posts by celestialdreamer

We found out yesterday that baby #6 is another BOY! He looks healthy and was sucking his little thumb. So cute! Everyone but me and my oldest son kept saying it was a girl...but I just knew it was a boy. I have zero idea what we will name him though, after already having 5 boys LOL.
Hi mamas! I am not a frequent poster on MDC these days but this group looks like a great fit for me. We are expecting baby #6 in late January. We are not a strongly religious family so we don't always fit in with a lot of the other typical large families. We really love having a big family and somehow ended up with a larger family than we probably would have expected when we started out. This baby is for sure our last and our family is complete though. I did *say* that...
I am so excited about this now. I ended up returning the BG pockets I bought since I decided that route sounded too expensive after hearing they don't last well these days. A sweet friend of mine gifted me a whole bag of GMD small prefolds that she never used! There are 3 dozen organic yellow edges and those should fit folded down pretty much from the start and they still fit my toddler trifolded in a cover. I think he will potty train soon (he's almost 2) so that means we...
I will be having an ultrasound because this will be my 3rd HBAC and it is so hard for me to not find out. I am not a patient person! My 3rd was our only surprise and he was my only c/s so it wasn't quite the experience we expected. Since we only have one girl and then 4 boys in a row, we are assuming it is probably another boy but we are thrilled either way. So...we are going to be surprised. I have yet to experience the euphoria of natural birth along with the...
We are still sure on Clara for a first name...but we decided to go with Clara Lucy instead of Clara Alice. Dh and I both had that "yep, thats the one!" feeling when we settled on it. Dh likes Lucas (Luke) for a boy, but I still like Peter. I think it is probably a toss up between those two, with absolutely zero idea on a middle name. We are set that a boy middle name MUST be a family name since our 4 boys are named after family and it would be weird to leave the last boy...
Only my mom, my MIL and one very close friend know right now. I had a m/c a few months ago and no one is expecting us to have #6, so we are planning to keep quite for some time. I know we for sure won't tell the kids until after the first trimester and we've heard a heartbeat. We may keep it under wraps until later than that if I don't start showing early.
This is #6 for us and we have 4 boys in a row, so we are probably expecting another boy but absolutely stumped on a name. Our oldest is our only girl and she is Anna Grace. Our boys are Alexander Joseph (Alex), Charles Richard (Charlie), Maxwell William (Max), Samuel Frederick (Sam). We would want a first name for a boy that is a classic Victorian name that is not super unusual, but preferably not in the top 10/top 20, and it needs to have a short nickname that fits with...
My current youngest is almost 2 and after 9 years of continuous cloth diapering, I got burnt out especially since he had rash issues in cotton. We've been using disposables for the past 6 months full time and figured we were "done" with cloth diapers. We were a 100% cloth family with our first 4, so we are definitely more used to cloth. Anyway now that we are hopefully going to be having #6, I am for sure going to go back to cloth. I only was okay using disposables on #5...
Due Jan 21 with baby #6. Had an early loss back in January so really hoping to get to stay here! I haven't been active on MDC in years but I would be glad to have the support of this DDC since we won't be announcing for a long while. :)  
Oh I can totally relate to this thread. We have literally a zero $ spending budget. I have so called "friends" that have given me guilt trips about not getting a family membership to the YMCA (its "only" $100 a month) or putting the kids in soccer, ballet, etc. Or asking if I want to go out for dinner and drinks twice a month as a mom's night out. All those things sound like fun, but there is no way I can afford any of that. We pay bills (nothing extra at all) and then...