or Connect

Posts by xmysticprincessx

Posting this for a friend. She and her partner are looking for a daycare provider for their 2.5 year old son in the Charleston/West Ashley area during the day, Monday thru Friday. Crunchy/natural minded family. He does have a dairy allergy. She's not on MDC (she found it a bit difficult to navigate). Please PM me with any help! Thanks!
I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Organicville vegan Ranch! Its sooo good! Its gluten free too! http://organicvillefoods.com/products/dressings/non-dairy-ranch-organic-dressing/
Sports and Fitness is a chain of gyms in the Charlotte area that has chldcare. Its $20 a month with childcare, $15 a month without. Childcare is available 8 am-noon Monday thru Saturday, and something like 3 till 8 in the afternoons during the week.  http://sportsandfitnessclubs.com/locations/index.php   I'm not sure about areas with swim teams, but most of the subdivisions have a community pool (as I'm sure most of the Raleigh area subdivisions...
So sorry for all of your recent losses. *hugs*   I'd get a few plumbers/contractors in there to give you an estimate and let you know how bad things are plumbing-wise. Could you get away with just repairing the leaky pipe? Or will other parts of the plumbing get worse (and more expensive) over time?   I'm almost leaning more towards just repairing everything now vs waiting. With water leaks and plumbing problems, I'd be concerned about mold and the health of your...
We moved from about 10 minutes south of you to NC last year. We got rid of all of the back yard toys. (My kids were bummed to see stuff like the playhouse, the Little Tykes car, etc go, but we knew we wouldn't have the room to store or take those.) We filled the largest storage unit with our stuff. (We emptied our house before we sold it to make it look bigger.) We rented the biggest U-haul so that we'd have extra room, just in case.   I got boxes from various liquor...
I totally agree with others about donating the freebie junk food to a food pantry. While some may disagree (there were other couponing threads where posters said they would only donate food they themselves would eat to a food pantry), there are may pros to it. What about the kid who comes home from school to an empty house because mom works long hours at a low paying job? Frozen pizza rolls are really easy to make in the microwave. Or the family whose breadwinner just...
I recommend checking out open houses in your town (and similar neighboring towns) of houses that are priced similarly to your own house. This is your competition. Most open houses will have the info sheet- address, price, etc. Make notes about the house, yard, upgrades, what needs work, age of big things (like the roof, furnace, hot water heater), etc. Talk to the listing agent and get as much info on the house as you can, especially how long its been on the market, if...
We moved to NC a little over a year ago from Syracuse.    Everybody down here has AC. I mean everybody. There's some lower income families who live in a row of small apartments just outside of our subdivision, and each of them have a window air conditioner. All of the malls, businesses, etc have air conditioning. We have our AC on almost all the time over the summer (set at 76- anything lower and I'm too cold) in our 1400 sq ft apartment, and we pay no more than $150...
DH and I use cell phones for 99% of our calls. I bought a Magic Jack a few months ago to use in case we needed to call customer service (where we'd be on hold for a long time) or to use our fax machine. The Magic Jack unit itself retails for $40. It costs $20 a year for the service (prepaid). There was some kind of deal to get 5 years for $75 (or something like that), and I figured for what I had been paying for 2 months of regular home phone service that I barely used,...
If nobody else is taking new patients or you just don't like them or they don't take your insurance or whatever, a last resort is the hour long roadtrip to Ithaca to go to Cayuga Family Medicine. Drs. Jamie Loehr and Ellyn Selin (and the nurse practicioners) are all excellent and are fine with everything AP. As an added bonus, they're across the street from Short Stop Subs and a mile from Green Star.   Good luck!