or Connect

Posts by xmysticprincessx

What religion are you? What were you planning on saying was your reason that vaxes are against your religion?
We moved last spring from upstate NY to NC.   We basically listed our house for sale and pretty much up and moved to NC. We had money in savings, and we went down without either of us having a job. We stayed in an extended stay hotel for a couple months, till dh found a job and till we found a decent rental. We had all of our stuff in storage in NY, then brought it down after we got our apartment.   Do you have family in NH? Do you know a lot about the area you...
I second getting a Saturn. I have a 2002 SL1 that I love. I previously had a 1994 SC2 (a 2 door coupe with a slightly more powerful engine than the SL1 or SC1) which I bought when it was 9 years old with 121k on it. I drove it for a few years, and gave it to my brother when dd was a baby and it had about 145k on it. He sold it at 192k, and it needed a water pump and muffler. It still ran great despite the fact that he pounded the snot out of that car.   Both Saturns...
You'll have to "camp out" in order to get one of those TVs. Stores normally have just a few of them to get people into the stores.    My favorite Black Friday site is bfads.net because not only do they have all of the ads, but a search feature too. Look up the specs and reviews on the appliances you're considering. And like others said, the BF deals are normally the bottom of the line models. There will be more deals on this kind of stuff between now and...
CVS has a lot of freebies from Thanksgiving till Saturday. Lots of stuff is free with their "Extra Care Bucks," like candy bars (good stocking stuffers), lotion, headphones, etc. You can check out southernsavers.com and click on CVS for a list of the freebies and the coupons to make the deals even better. You'll basically separate everything into different transactions so that you pay for the new items with the ECBs you previously earned. With the ECBs you have left...
Lynn was my midwife for both of my pregnancies and births, and I highly recommend her. She's very natural minded, and very respectful of what you want to do. She does practically all of her births (with rare exceptions like she's sick, etc). She even plans her vacations around her moms' due dates. I highly recommend Lynn.   I liked Community. The labor and delivery nurses were great, and they didn't push drugs on me. They actually encouraged me to get in the tub...
Quote: Originally Posted by EmsMom When my daughter was little, I purchased two American Girl dolls from our mother's helper who had never played with them at all because she wasn't a "doll" girl, although someone in her family was because they kept giving them to her with lots of accessories. Absolutely ask around friends and neighbors for older girls who might be happy to sell them. Even dolls in relatively poor condition sell for almost retain on...
Amazon.com has free Prime trial memberships for parents called Amazon Mom. Its basically free shipping on almost everything on the site (just look for the "Prime" logo on the item description page), no minimum purchase required. The Old Navy near me had an additional 50% off their clearance clothing when we were there yesterday. Not sure how long this will be going on for. I saw some adult winter coats that would have been $10 each. The drugstores often have stuff like...
Prices of pickup trucks, SUVs, etc go up in cost over the winter because those are in higher demand with the snow and stuff. This is a good time of the year to buy a brand new car, since you can get good deals on the current model year vehicles because dealers need to make room for the new model year. You may not get your 1st color choice or it might have an extra option on it, but you'll save quite a bit.
I don't think that the buffalo chicken wings have wheat/gluten in them directly, but I'd think that most places would use the same fryer for their fish fries, french fries, mozzarella sticks, etc. Amy's Place is a restaurant near UB South campus that you'd want to check out. Its a pretty progressive/crunchy crowd that's in there. Not sure if they have wings or not. (We're vegan. ) The Lexington co-op may have them too. (Or you could suggest it to them.) I want to...