or Connect

Posts by xmysticprincessx

Here's a list of the Catholic schools in the Syracuse area. I'm pretty sure that tuition is the same at all of them since that is set by the diocese. http://www.syrdio.org/index.asp?path...ion&RegionID=4 Many of the Catholic schools offer all day preschool (for 3 and 4 year olds), and many of the schools also offer a before school and an after school care program. Off the top of my head, I know that East Syracuse-Minoa school district does offer full day K, but...
The form is here: http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/newyork.htm#schools Click on the .doc one, not the .pdf one. (For some reason, that link doesn't work anymore.)
Are you looking for a private school? Or which public schools offer full day kindergarden in the area? (Not all of the area public schools have full day kindergarden yet.) A couple of the Catholic schools just north of the city have full day kindergarden. Tuition is about $3700 a year.
The way NYS's religious exemption law is worded makes it an "all or nothing" state. Your genuine and sincere religious beliefs have to be against the practice of immunization. So you are against the actual administration or giving of the vaxes, not against certain ones, certain ingredients, etc. NYS is one of the more difficult states to get an exemption in (see the other thread about getting an exemption) because of this wording, since they hope that parents will be too...
The exemptions are only for school entry or for daycare. So if your baby is not going to daycare or if you plan to homeschool, you do not need to worry about an exemption. There is a form on the Dept of Education website to fill out for a relgious exemption. It has the basic stuff like child's name, address, DOB, school, etc. There are also questions to answer about why you are requesting the religious exemption (ie, a breif description of your religious beliefs). You do...
DH bought some kind of card to plug into the computer so that we could watch network tv live on our computer (vs having to watch shows the next day on hulu).The 1st one he bought was a Pinnacle, and it did not work well on our 1 year old Toshiba laptop (running XP). It worked better on our desktop computer. It cost over $100 at Best Buy. DH is a computer geek, so I'm not sure if he researched them more or noticed it while browsing at Best Buy, but he bought a Haphaggue...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami I like this idea! I was kind of thinking about doing something like this with my dd this year, since it's kind of the first she really has a grasp of money. For example, she wants an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, and a party, and a pinata from the store. Definitely not going to be able to have ALL those things for our budget! I wish I could garage sale! I just never have time! I frequently work on the weekends...
If you have a Staples near you, you can get $3 in Staples Rewards for every ink/toner cartridge (up to 10 a month) you turn in. They used to limit the brands, but now you can bring in any, whether its name brand or generic. You bring it in, give them your Rewards number (or phone number, if you misplaced your card), and they send you a coupon a month or two later for the amount you're due in rewards. Its good for a couple months, and its only valid at Staples. However,...
In the old days, we had to walk to school- uphill both ways!
If you have a Rite Aid near you, look into their SCR rebate program. There's often stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, etc that are free after rebate. You could get "paid" to take the stuff after a coupon and rebate. If you go to a site like hotcouponworld.com or slickdeals.net (and go to the drugstore forum), the 1st or 2nd post normally has a list of all of the deals, plus where you can find a coupon (if there is one). You can save your coupon inserts (without...