or Connect

Posts by moxytocin

I am so glad to see this thread--and thrilled to discover that a couple of the recommended providers for diagnosis/division seem to be covered by our new insurance. I would love to hear anyone's experience with lactation consultants in the Baltimore area who work with tongue ties. We are planning to have our 6 week old son's anterior tie clipped (or lasered), but I would also like to get some help with latching, biting, and other issues that have come with the tie.  Any LC...
I don't have a perfect solution so far, but I wanted to let you know that I'm 32 weeks and miserable about food/belly discomfort, too. I have no appetite, and almost everything I eat upsets my stomach (either heartburn or upper stomach cramps or nausea or lower GI issues of one sort or another). Even when I want food, I can't finish what's in front of me. I've been losing about a pound a week, and I feel very guilty that the baby may not be getting enough. There was a...
Hi there,   So, because of the terrible state of maternity care in Maryland, it looks like this baby is going to be born at his/her grandparents' house, in Princeton. I found midwives (Pam/Louise/Heather in Pennington) but I am considering a doula. I haven't explored how much they have their students do "doula" work during labor, so in case I need one, I thought I'd start looking (4 months, still have some time). The main thing is, I have some bad tailbone pain...
 Thanks, everyone--I'm still trying to find a chiropractor with appointments. I tried doing that inversion from Spinning Babies (the one where you use a stair or couch to stretch the round ligaments with the weight of the uterus) and it seems to help with the pain while I'm doing it and for a little while afterward.
Hopefully nobody here has experienced this discomfort, but if you have, I'd love ideas or comfort that this goes away. This is my first baby and first pregnancy that has gone past 6 weeks.   I have been having wicked tailbone pain since about 10 weeks. It seems to be worse if I stand or pace a lot. It feels like the muscles/soft tissue along one side of my tailbone and lower sacrum are tight; massage kind of feels good (but that's not my husband's area of expertise,...
I know this thread is a little old, but I had the same question as the OP. Mercy seems busy--any other ideas?
I haven't read every word above, so I apologize if this is a repeat (I just skimmed) but I just wanted to say Bayview's care is not likely to be "hands off." I've been there with doula clients and I can't recommend it--and would not go there myself. I've heard good things about Mercy but haven't been there. Have you checked out Special Beginnings? I don't know what their VBAC policy is, but some people have said good things about their backing hospital (again, I haven't...
Welcome, Rachel--how funny we share due months and similar professions!
Hi dahlia--I'm in MD, too :)
I guess I'm a little late--haven't had much internet time lately!   1. Preferred name: moxytocin :) 2. EDD (estimated due date): 10/22-10/29 depending on method used to calculate (latter is 41 wks) 3. How long TTC (trying to conceive): 3 months 4. Part of the country you live in: mid-atlantic, currently 5. How many kids you have: this will be our first 6. Profession: CPM, going to nursing school to become a CNM (taking next year off to have a baby) 7....