or Connect

Posts by Suvroc

We switched to the newer pertussis vaccine because it is considered safer than the old one. However, it is not as effective. If you are pro vaccine, do you think we should switch back to the less safe, more effective vaccine? Why or why not?
pek64 and japonica,   If you're considering diphtheria and tetanus vaccines, it might be good to check titers after vaccination to ensure adequate antibody response because a study published this year indicated that "A 2-fold increase in PFOS and PFOA concentrations at age 5 years was associated with odds ratios between 2.38 (95% CI, 0.89 to 6.35) and 4.20 (95% CI, 1.54 to 11.44) for falling below a clinically protective level of 0.1 IU/mL for tetanus and diphtheria...
Just to be clear, I've never made any mention of toxins in vaccines. The post is about vaccine efficacy as it relates to our toxic burden. I want to clarify because twice now you've argued about the small amount of toxins in vaccines.   The 'you' is not specifically aimed at you; however, with the apparent quick access you have to the world wide web, I think it's safe to assume you live in a developed area. ;-) But, again, I was not really meaning you specifically....
  I think I'm going for a few points here. One is that often toxins are in unexpected places and they last much longer in us and the environment than we often think. For example, just because you avoid teflon at home doesn't mean that any of the restaurants you eat at do. Also, just because you stopped using teflon in the last few years, if you used it or your parents used it prior, then you were accumulating it over the years and it takes a long time to break down in...
The chickenpox thought is interesting. You would think if a high-PFC child DID have less immunity, you would see an increase in shingles in children as PFCs were more in use and/or accumulating, maybe? I wonder if the CDC tracked Varicella? .   PCBs are also associated with immune system dysfunction and vaccine inefficacy....
Yes, I'm asking...if it's true, what are your thoughts...
  How long have you been avoiding fast food, nonstick cookware, paper plates, stain-resistant carpeting and clothing, microwave popcorn, fish? Apparently, also, in the air because particles from these products make it into the air we breath. Also in some skincare products. Who knows where else?   I ask because PFCs are bioaccumulative in humans and persistent in the environment. They also have a long half-life (years) in humans.   I believe there's a previous study...
Has anyone seen this video from research published earlier this year?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5m8qckt4Wo   It makes you wonder, if it's true, how long have the PFCs levels been high enough to have an affect?   If true, why aren't we seeing increasing incidences or diptheria and tetanus?     I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this research was done because they saw general immune decline in animals exposed to PFCs so it makes you wonder if...
This is from CDC pinkbook.   "Before the 18th century, polioviruses probably circulated widely. Initial infections with at least one type probably occurred in early infancy, when transplacentally acquired maternal antibodies were high. Exposure throughout life probably provided continual boosting of immunity, and paralytic infections were probably rare. (This view has been recently challenged based on data from lameness studies in developing countries). In the...
Okay, according to CDC, TB infection is not contagious. TB disease IS contagious. I'm new so I apologize for taking this off topic but I do think it is relevant to vaccine conversation but not relevant to the topic of this particular board.