or Connect

Posts by RoseLemon

I haven't bought much yet except a few newborn cloth diapers...couldn't resist this time!! But I'm in the midst of looking for one of those co sleeper bassinets that attach to the side of the bed. I love the idea and longed for one of those when my DS was tiny, so this time I'm actually going to do it. Waiting for a good deal on craigslist.   But what in the world is up with how stupidly expensive double strollers are?? I really want a side-by-side one and they are pricy...
My husband and I have finally "settled" on two names...we don't know what we're having so we need one of each. I'm so excited! And since we don't want to announce names to friends and family, I'm excited to hear what you guys think.   Okay, my husband's from Denmark and we speak Danish and English at home, so we wanted a name that sounds the same in both languages...a very difficult task!! But I didn't want to be standing next to my hubby at the playground and yelling...
Thank you very much for the input and ideas. I appreciate it and enjoy having some non-spanking advice to mull over. I'm pretty sure you are all a lot more patient than me, though!!   As my sister told me when I called her crying earlier today, it's all about perspective - it won't always be like this, it's a phase, plus the pregnancy hormones are not helping at all! I really like the blog entry you linked to, EnviroBecca, about the perspective that he is, after all,...
I've been working hard on limiting my toddler's screen time. My plan is to choose a time during the day when it's "Ipad time", set a timer for 20 minutes or so, then when it goes off, I say "All done. Bye-bye Ipad", then I put it away waaaaaay up high where there's no chance of him getting it or seeing it. That has led to MAJOR meltdowns so far, but he's getting used to it and last night, he actually just whined for a minute then let me distract him with something else....
Thanks for posting this...my 24 month old is driving me CRAZY with his constant tantrums and I feel like I'm failing him as well. Nice to know he's not the only crazy one (his one little buddy we hang out with a bunch is an angel so he looks completely insane next to her!)
I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom, but I got on here looking for help with the same thing. My son is insanely clingy with me all of a sudden and even resistant to his dad. I'm betting with both your kid and mine, it's a phase because of changes in schedule and wanting more mommy time. We just had holidays, birthday, long visit from an aunt...and that has meant a lot less one-on-one time with mommy than he is used to, so I'm just gritting my teeth and trying to...
I am so fed up with the terrible twos...and he just turned two!! I don't think I quite understand the concept of Gentle Discipline, though I really really want to do things differently than those around me. I grew up being spanked, all of my sisters spank and preach that it's the only way to not have wild, selfish, uncontrollable children. Spanking is the atmosphere I was raised in and it didn't traumatize me or anything, it's just not what I want to do.      My problem...
I'll do it!
Wow, I have felt so guilty because I feel so many of the things you're describing. In the first trimester, I was so sick that I was honestly just annoyed to be pregnant because I was so miserable (Wow, that looks horrible written down). I just haven't really connected to this baby yet and I hate that. With my son, I started to connect after the 12 week ultrasound, but this time, I'm 18wks still not really believing it's real and I feel guilty that I'm not really that...
I know I have it in common with many of you on here that this isn't my first baby, and I am so nervous about how this is going to affect my little guy (he'll be 2.5 when baby is born). He's very attached to mommy, though he's starting to bond more with his daddy, which is nice. I've started thinking about how I can help him get ready for this little one. Any ideas from those who are doing this the 3rd+ time around? Or other second-timers with your thoughts and...