or Connect

Posts by JustShootMe

I miss them so much.  This is very hard.  I dropped them off yesterday and I feel like I'm missing my right arm.  I have to find a way to give this closure -- to stop feeling like I'm losing them all over again every time I drop them off.    I'm so lucky that I have my wonderful husband (at least I did it right the second time), but this is hard for him, too.  He has been villainized by my ex and my children barely speak to him, so when they're here, he feels very...
Update:   Things came to a head with my younger son.  First, I texted him while he was at his dad's and he texted back that he didn't want to talk to me.  Then, after he came back, he ran away (started walking up the road toward his dad's house, who lives 5 1/2 miles away), twice in one night.  Both times, my ex was on the phone with him for a long period of time before he left.  The first time I picked him up, he was spitting venom -- told me I hadn't cared about...
My 14 year old went at me again last night.  He told me that "if I did to him what I did" to ODS, then he was out of there.  He said everything had been my fault, and he didn't feel sorry for me at all.  That maybe it wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so controlling and cared more about him.  I tried to ask him specifically what his problem was -- what he felt I did wrong, and he said, "You think about it." He also said the reason I didn't have any money was because I...
Older son moved out on Sunday.  It was very hard, but I feel it was the right thing.  I'll see him every other weekend and on Tuesdays for dinner.    One hour after my ex picked him up, I got an e-mail from my ex asking to sign my younger son up for driver's ed.  He couldn't even wait one day.  Anyway -- I answered -- I told him I didn't want younger DS to take it until the spring.  He's still 14, and there's no reason why he should be learning to drive on snow and...
I have two boys, 14 and 17 1/2 (full physical and joint legal custody), and have been divorced for 9 1/2 years. Most of that time has been very contentious, and included highlights such as my ex moving my son's bar mitzvah behind my back and excluding me, telling my younger son that he didn't have to follow his orthodontic treatment (because he hadn't been involved in the decision), telling my kids they would never see their friends again, telling my kids their school...