or Connect

Posts by Chele

I too have felt that crazy hunger has controlled my life!!! These are somethings I eat....and I have found that a serious breakfast can make the day so much better, whereas a skimpy one and I feel that I can't catch up all day. So for breakfast... a bean and rice burrito with 2 scrambled eggs, avocado, and sour cream, or waffles covered with peanut butter, honey or maple syrup some bananas and some yogurt too. When I was pregnant I used to make a shake before bed to...
it is not nursing at all. most dentists don't understand breastmilk and all of its wonderful components. They lump it in with all other liquids and totally are ignorant to the fact that it contains lacto ferrin, an antibacterial component that helps keep strep mutans in check (the bad bacteria that attack teeth), and that breastmilk deposits calcium as it comes in contact with teeth helping to strengthen weak enamel. Breastmilk is a wholly perfect food for babies and...
Hey everyone, my ds is going to be 3 this summer. He still loves to nurse, and most of the time I don't mind it at all, but lately I am just feeling like I don't want to nurse through the night anymore. I am not sure how to go about this since he is sleeping next to me in bed, and I hate refusing if he gets upset but I am just feeling done with it. Daytime fine, but no more nights. In a few weeks we will be getting a twin bed to put on the floor next to our queen and I...
don't be hard on yourself. My ds goes in in two weeks to have lots of stuff done to his teeth, extractions, caps, fillings etc... He is only 2 1/2 so we have to do it at the hospital. These things just happen to those of us with weak enamel, despite our best efforts. I would be inclined to extract too, but I am wondering what tooth it is. Did the dentist tell you that the adult tooth wouldn't come in until age 12? That seems late, most kids start losing baby teeth at...
I have never flown out of the country with my ds (who is not vaxed) but he has been on a handful of flights from the time he was 1 on. We will be on another one in a few months. I was never worried about the not being vaxed thing, however he did get sick after 2 of the flights. Once with croup once with a nasty stomach thing that we all ended up getting. He recovered quickly from both and it was flu season, you know holiday traveling. Just watch how much your little...
oh please don't blame yourself, or nursing, even night nursing. It really isn't the cause, even if your little one has weak teeth. Check out La Leche League site, kellymom.com, the lactoferrin in breastmilk has antibacterial qualities to it and it actually attacks the strep mutans that cause decay. Some say, weaning will make the decay worse because they won't be getting the lactoferrin any longer. I know of moms who weaned due to decay only to go back to the dentist a...
let me know what they say if you decide to go in. I think that decalcification could very well be happening to your sons teeth. I think that it happened to my sons teeth as well. It sounds like the office you called may be a good one. I have seen so many dentists, it was agony taking my son in there knowing I was doing everything I could to stop the decay, knowing my family history and just feeling badly that my son had to go through this, only to have the dentist...
don't think you mentioned how old your son is, but if he only has 7 teeth I am guessing he is around a year or so. My son had the same issue, at about the same time I believe and yes what you are seeing is the first sign of decay. I would take him in somewhere right away, because from what I have read decay can be stopped in the white lesion phase. My son has VERY weak teeth and his fell apart rather quickly after the white lesion appeared, his doc said she had never...
You know, the person who scheduled the appt. for me was the one who told me midnight, she said I would get further instruction from the anesthia folks later. I kind of think that since my son is 2 1/2 that they assume he isn't nursing anymore and don't say anything about breastmilk. But, everyone I have talked with and all the info I have checked seems to point to 3 or so hours before hand, so I think I will just let him nurse until 2 or 3am and not worry about it. ...
I sort of felt like after midnight was a long time without anything to drink, and I know that breastmilk is technically a clear liquid but I guess I am just scared, I don't want him to vomit during the procedure, but really when he nurses at night it is for all of 90 seconds and then he is drifting off again. I can't imagine he even really gets much milk, or that it would be in his belly 3 hours later. This is a tough one, I am sure I will have to sign something stating...