or Connect

Posts by Chele

my ds (2 1/2) has to go under general anesthia at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning on April 12th and I have been instructed that he can't have anything at all to drink or eat from midnight on the night before. He still nurses, mostly at night, really mostly in the wee hours of the morning. I have no intention of weaning him but I am wondering how I will get through this one night. The next day will be a tough one and I would like to have the most restfull night...
as someone who has dealt with the exact same senerio, get another opinion. Even if they say the same thing about your daughters teeth make sure you like them and that they don't just point the blame finger at you. I had a horrible experience with a ped. dentist so I just starting seeing one of the other dentists in the same practice, it was like night and day. The first was so rude and condesending (I know for a fact that he has refused to treat kids unless they are...
we are in the same boat...my son had decay on his four top teeth way early, shortly after they errupted from the gum. We tried once to fix them and the fillings lasted all of a few weeks. He was 18 months at this point, I went to a dentist who wanted to pull all 4 teeth out, but I was not comfortable with the dentist and didn't think pulling the teeth was appropriate at that time. Now a year later my son has an abcsess and on thursday the tooth has to come out, along...
we are veggie for the most part, we do eat fish from time to time, and on a rare occasion some chicken gets added to the mix, but we don't do much soy as my husbands digestive system can't handle it. Here are some things that we eat... black beans and rice with lots of toppings...salsa, cheese, guac.. garlic pasta with toasted pine nuts (keep them on the side so your little one with the allergy can avoid them) with portobellas and zucchini. ...
there is a big difference between whole food vitamins and the regular centrum type. When you take the centrum type your body doesn't recognize the vitamin as food and isn't sure what to do with it, and will absorb all of it, but your body can't use it effectively and this can cause problems. When you eat food, your body knows what nutrients it needs and what it doesn't so in the digestion process it will absorb some while it lets others pass on by. With centrum type...
iron deficiency is more linked to high dairy intake not low meat intake. Iron binds with dairy and is carried out of the system, so just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you will be low in iron. Kids who are low in iron tend to be pale, low on energy and have slower growth. I have also been concerned about iron and have taken supplements and given them to my son as well. These days I eat molasses every day and that seems to do the trick. I put a spoonful in my...
my ds(2 1/2)doesn't drink much either. he still nurses, and pees alot so I know he is good. But, I tried getting cups with straws and that seemed to help, he drinks more from them. I also starting using my juicer and giving him fresh juice first thing in the morning, he drinks it down!!! I also just remind him that his cup is on his table if he is thirsty and that seems to prompt more drinking too.
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. I have dealt with anxiety myself, not quite what you are experiencing but similar. I also think that hormone fluctuations can trigger it for sure. I tend to have panic attacks and for me, I know my triggers and I can usually stop the attacks from happening by refocusing my attention and taking deep breaths. I have not had the physical symptoms that you have. I am wondering if you can find a naturopath or homeopath in your area. ...
don't fret too much, these things happen. My ds has teeth troubles too. I have found a wonderful dentist who is monitoring my son, we tried to repair some teeth and the fillings fell out shortly after, so at this point we are leaving them be unless something needs to be pulled. There is a wide range of approaches people seem to take with baby teeth. I am of the belief that if the child can eat and isn't having pain that the teeth should be left alone. But, others...
LuckyMommaToo-thanks for the link. It said that valencia and peanuts grown in arid climates like arizona should be better. I wouldn't give up peanut butter completely mamas...we all have been eating it for such a long time. I was shocked to read that grind your own peanut butter machines in health food stores seem to have the highest level. What stinks is that other nut butters are so pricey.