or Connect

Posts by Chele

I just discovered ecodent toothpaste, for the 2 and above crowd it is great. It is a powder, which I add to my son's regular paste (weleda brand all natural) you only need a little bit, it has calcium and magnesium and few herbs. It strengthens and hardens tooth enamel without flouride. The peppermint smell is wonderful. We also use spry infant and toddler tooth gel with xylitol, we like that too.
Jenivere, tooth problems can be so hard. My ds is 2 and we have had trouble from the get go. Top four front teeth fell apart...FAST. This problem has occured in many members of my husbands family and I am convinced it is a genetic defect. I decided not to do anything about it, and I feel that I am in the minority by doing so. I decided against it for several reasons,,, first in our case the dentist felt that even after repairing the teeth they may still continue to...
My neighbor put mothballs in the basement, directly under my apartment-although I do not have access to it. The smell is taking over my place and I am going crazy about it. For a while I thought I had it under control, using essential oil diffusers, opening the windows occasionally, but now that winter has set in I can no longer open windows and I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions? How do I get rid of the smell, will it fade over time? I mean these...
I often have a hard time nursing my ds in front of others, he is 26 months now. The reason it can be hard is that he is a nipple twiddler and can't help but to put his little hands up my shirt and pull my bra down in search of the "other nurse" to play with, I find this both cute and annoying. I never refuse to nurse him and I usually can come up with a solution in any given situation. I would say don't worry about the future, when it comes to nursing things usually...
my ds is 26 months and is still nursing. During the day he keeps busy and doesn't nurse too much, mostly first thing in the morning and than again maybe mid-day, unless I am on the phone in that case he nurses for most of my conversation. He still does at night, but somenights much more than others. I feel that our nursing relationship is just fine right now, I too nurse him sometimes just because it is easier, but I figure hey if I use breastfeeding to help myself out...
I am pretty sure melons are high in calcium, I used to work in the supplement dept. of a natural foods store and we would have loads of trainings to increase our knowledge of nutrition, herbs, etc...and I swear that during one of those trainings melons were mentioned as being high in calcium. More research may be required.? According to what I have read..low calcium levels are not due to a lack of calcium in the diet but rather to an excess of protein, in particular...
I agree with womama's list, I generally don't buy something if the list of ingredients is more than 2 or 3 lines, or if there are words in it that I can't pronounce. Don't buy too many things that come in boxes.
I am currently using the Enviro Wave 10 stage filter, which worked very well where we used to live, but now I am living in a community where flouride is added to the water and the chlorine levels are much higher so I need something better. I am willing to dish out a few hundred dollars if need be. Does anyone have any recommendations? Flouride removal is a must.
dark leafy greens...kale, chard, broccoli, seaweeds etc... almonds, sesame seeds..tahini (sesame paste) Blackstrap molasses melons that is all that I can think of at the moment, hope that helps.
I agree that you probably don't have much to worry about. My ds was tested at 9 months and again at 12, he had low iron according to my doctor. But according to my own research his level was not that low at all, in fact it seemed fine. I did give him some floradix liquid iron and herbs (which I also took myself) but I stopped after a month or two. Now I just make sure that I eat molasses everyday, I eat it with oatmeal and blueberries for the vitamin C. My ds eats it...