or Connect

Posts by Chele

i too have a bit of an obsessive tendency, but I do my best to keep it in check and I usually do a good job. I think what you must tell yourself is that your worrying about things won't change anything. It is just using up your precious energy. I also strongly believe in the emotional-physical connection, I believe that your mindset can often affect your over all health. Don't think yourself sick, I have done that myself and it is so tiring. Letting go of control,...
zannster--wow I think you read my mind. feeling lost, wanting family nearby but not sure if moving back would be satisfying, thinking about someday... I often think about how people used to live, before clocks, before a lot of things. When they were just growing/gathering food, I bet they never thought much past the next season. It must have been nice to have been so in the now. I am sure there were some not so nice things as well, but all I know is that I am trying...
it is so nice to see all of you responding. I am having a rough weekend myself as I just had an emotional breakdown. I finally let it out to dh that I was feeling terribly homesick for my family and it just took it out of me. I still feel like crying. Not to mention my son woke up in the middle of the night and threw up all over the bed. I wasn't feeling well myself yesterday but was shocked to see him getting that sick. I think we may have eaten something...
the grass is always greener right? And you always miss the last place you've been the most, even if you were dying to leave. Out west we were in flagstaff, I was so ready to leave although sometimes I am very homesick for it there. Most of all for the sunshine. What's really getting to me now is the crap apartment we are stuck in here. Dh job started in april and we HAD to find a place, this was the best we could do. Really it could be worse, but try having a bedroom...
thanks for sharing bleu. It is a challenge, isn't it? When we first moved here I totally freaked out and actually stopped unpacking thinking that I just didn't have it in me to handle this transition. I have since unpacked but I feel that I focus too often on the future. Sometimes it seems so hard to live in the present moment in this society. From the first day of school you are getting ready for the future. That is why I plan on homeschooling, I don't want school...
Here is a little background... my husband and I just moved from the west coast to the east. We are orginally from the east coast and felt strongly about returning since the birth of our son. We wanted to be closer to family. Out west dh got a job beekeeping and loved it, he was able to connect with a beekeeper back east who hired him so here we are now. During the transition time we stayed with my family and after a few weeks I knew I was going to have a hard time...
thanks everyone. I like the idea of using whats left in the fridge to throw something together. Your recipes sound great : We live right down the road from an organic farm, so I am starting to go there now that things are growing. It is giving me new ideas because I am buying whatever produce was ready that week...for instance this week it was snow peas, and spinach. This is helping me break out of my box, in terms of just going to the store and grabbing the same...
I don't know if you have heard of the book "The Vaccine Guide" but it does pretty much the same thing you said sears did. Goes over each illness in detail trying to give you a personal strategy for what to do and when. The book is loaded with references, pages and pages of them in the back, and the author Randall Nuestaedter is an osteopathic doctor. I feel that he is a better resource, not being a pediatrican, because ped. are so targeted by the companies selling the...
how can you tell if emlimating the nap is the right thing to do? My ds (almost 2) stays up too late alot of the time, however the past 2 nights he has been asleep by 8:30 after a lot of hard work on my part. He is just restless when he nurses and has a hard time being still. A few days ago he missed his nap because we were out running around and he crashed out by 7 for the night. I don't know though, I could tell by the end of the day that he was really struggling...
sorry to say it could be decay, probably due to weak enamel. My ds has decay on his 4 front teeth. Right after they came in we noticed some decay and from that point on it progressed rapidly. Only a month or so later a good portion of his enamel had come off, while the rest of his teeth remain in perfect condition. Tooth decay this early is genetic. It almost starts before there is even time to stop it. My ds NEVER had juice, or even sugar and I started cleaning his...