or Connect

Posts by KateHNM

I actually brought up the birth gift as a joke after reading about it on this website.  I was like "Oh good news hun, guess what?!  I just found out I'm supposed to get a gift after giving birth!"  We laughed about it and haven't brought it up since but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets me something anyway.  Probably just something small that he knows I like or maybe something I haven't been able to have while pregnant or something like that.   We're trying to decide if...
May I vent to you all for a minute?  I'm feeling really frustrated with myself today.  I had a script to get blood work done this week (week 28) and I knew I had to do the glucose test at some point but didn't realize it was on the same script.  So anyway rather than taking the glucola or whatever it's called and fasting for an hour, my midwife and I discussed me having a large breakfast, waiting an hour and getting tested.  I've been so busy lately I completely forgot...
Thanks Robina that's nice to hear!  You all look great, it's cool to compare bump sizes with all of you and see how differently everyone is carrying.
Wow I'm glad you're okay Cananny!  That's scary!  Good thing they have lots of padding in there.  Theres a couple times I have been worried about my cat jumping up on my stomach but apparently it takes a lot to really do any damage from what I've read.  Still that's scary especially when you have triplets!  Hope your ankle feels better soon.   bambihelton i think some people just feel threatened by parents that want to do things differently than they did because...
I finally have some pictures to share.  I'm 27 weeks today in these pictures.  I'll be 28 weeks on Monday.  My husband took these with my phone and they aren't the greatest.       My husband thought I should have one with my shirt up for some reason.     Starting to really feel big.  Yay for the third trimester!
Aw thanks!  I didn't realize the date rhymes too.  That's a tough question.  There are so many things I'm looking forward to depending on how far ahead in the future we're talking.  The first thing is right after childbirth, just knowing that he's okay and I'm okay will be such a relief.  Then I'm really looking forward to those first smiles and baby laughs.  I have to admit I'm kind of looking forward to having my body back and not having to worry about taking care of...
Well I think 2 or 3 is an appropriate number.  My husband says we should stop at two but if I have two boys I will probably want to try for a third.  That's what my mom did and she finally got a daughter in the end.  If I have all boys that's fine too but I think it would be nice to have a daughter.
Nice to meet you!  We were originally thinking NH, it's been named the most free state in the US.  But it still requires quite a bit of regulation for home schooling it looks like.  It's not that I don't think my child will be able to pass their tests but I would prefer to not have to deal with all that.  And it was an easy choice to homeschool for us.  Growing up in NY public schools(I can't speak for all of NY, only my area) made us detest the public school system....
Thanks!  I really love the area even though it gets quite cold in the winter I guess I'm just used to it.  The mountains are beautiful and there is a lot of interesting history here.  But my husband and I are quite conservative about most things politically (although certainly not ALL things) and this is a democrat state.  We want to move to a more conservative state that is more friendly to home-schooling parents and doesn't regulate everything we do so heavily.  And...
Aw I'm sorry your prenatal care isn't as pleasant this time around.  That's one of the main reasons I love the home birth route.  Even my husband looks forward to our appointments which is really strange for him.  He usually hates running errands or appointments or anything like that.  It's nice to have time to go over all our questions/ concerns, find out where the baby is etc.  It's so different than when I went to an OB for our first pregnancy.  Although we only had a...