or Connect

Posts by KateHNM

Wow I'm surprised you have to wait that long for such a short visit!  Is it a CNM or a CPM?  Just curious.  I have two CPMs and every appointment is about an hour or more and I barely have to wait usually.  But they are home birth midwives primarily and I think they make sure not to take on too many clients at once.  I would expect things to be different with a CNM working out of a OB/GYN's office though.   I'm going to have to look into that belly bandage thing....
Yikes!  Good thing it was just a dream.  I had two last night about labor.  One dream I was in labor and everything was going pretty well but then I woke up.  When I went back to sleep I was at the midwive's office expecting to go into labor (Not sure why I wasn't at home since I'm planning a home birth) but nothing was happening.  They told me to eat this flower and it would help.  It looked like the flowers of a clover plant.  I ate it and was feeling awful but wasn't...
Hello everybody!   My name is Kate (obviously) and I just turned 24 earlier this month.  My husband's name is Nathan, he's 28.  We live in upstate New York about 20 minutes from Lake George.  I mention Lake George because it seems to be quite a tourist spot in the summer so I thought some of you might have heard of it.  We've both lived in this area all our lives but are planning on leaving the state in the next two years.  We don't agree with New York politics.  I'm...
Oh no problem Tiffany!  I could have started it myself but I felt a little weird about doing that since everyone else's was started by you.
I'm a little late to this thread but I have to recommend Heidi Ricks and Maureen Murphy from Heartspace Midwifery.  They have been really great!  I love the fact that I can see my chart online whenever I want so any test results or ultrasound results they receive they put right up there for me to see as well.  Overall they are just really friendly and make me feel very confident about this upcoming birth.  They have a beautiful office in Troy, NY and spend at least an...
Hello I live in New York state as well and my insurance company is CDPHP.  My midwife works with a billing service so for a small fee ($18) they verified my benefits and appealed to the insurance company for me so that I could get an exception for my home birth midwife (at an in-network rate).  I just got an e-mail today saying that my pre-approval for coverage was approved!  I'm still waiting to find out exactly how much they will be covering.  I'm 95% sure its...
Is it normal for the baby to be really active some days?  I felt a lot more movements today than usual.  He kicked almost nonstop for about two hours tonight with only brief pauses.  He's calmed down now but I was surprised at how active he was and it got me wondering if it could mean he is in distress or something.  He's been pretty active for a few weeks now (probably since about week 22 he started kicking a few times every day) but I think he must have just gone...
I can't comment from experience but from what I've read it sounds like a doula is really just an extra support person to offer any comfort you might need, give you a massage, bring you water or things like that.  I decided I didn't need one because my husband wants to take over that role and doesn't think he will need any extra help with that.  Since he is willing to be there for me like that I would prefer having him for comfort rather than a stranger.  But I can see...
So I had a random customer today who kinda freaked me out a little bit.  I work at a bank and she came through the drive thru.  She could barely see my belly through the window but before I could barely get the words "hello" out she goes "Oh!  You're pregnant aren't you?  And it's a boy isn't it?  I'll bet he's due in about 3 maybe 4 months right?"  I was completely shocked!  She isn't even a regular customer and I know no one has told her anything.  Isn't that weird?  I...
Wow mrsavery that sounds awful.  I'm sorry you have to go through all that.  You should be able to enjoy your pregnancy and not have to worry constantly.  Although I seem to worry anyway at least I don't have as much of a reason to worry.   Although my first trimester was completely miserable, the second trimester has gone quite smoothly.  In the first trimester I had pretty much every symptom possible all at once for weeks.  In the second trimester I only had to...