or Connect

Posts by KateHNM

Oh no apparently I was wrong.  Since I was born before february in 1989 that makes me a dragon instead.  The cut off was February 6th and I was born January 5th.  Oh well.  Would have been neat if we were both the same sign though.
Hey that's pretty neat thanks for sharing.  As it turns out I was also born in the year of the snake.  My husband was born in the year of the rat.  Both descriptions seem to describe us pretty well although I don't consider myself materialistic at all and my husband isn't really aggressive.  Still it was neat to think about.
Scotland sounds great.  My family has some Scottish background and one of my brothers actually traveled to Scotland by himself a couple years ago and had the most amazing time.  Apparently he was in a small town area of the country and by the end of his stay there they all knew him either by his first name or as "the American".  He said everyone was really down to earth for the most part and he had the best time.  Actually met a guy who knew a lot about the Scottish...
Has anyone else been thinking about and researching the childhood vaccination schedule?  My midwives lent me Dr. Sears' The Vaccine Book and if anything I think it's made the decisions harder.  I have been suspicious of pharmaceutical companies and the FDA for awhile but it's just difficult to know what is right.  My situation is a slightly different because my husband's mother has lupus (and is also a nurse who will never let me hear the end of it if I don't vaccinate)...
Oh, I also had a dream I brought my baby to meet my co-workers (I work at a bank) and accidentally walked out of the bank without my baby with my co-workers at closing time and didn't realize my baby wasn't with me until everyone had left.  And then I couldn't get anyone to come back and open the bank with me so I could get my baby back (hearing him crying the whole time through the door).  It was kind of weird because yes there is a rule that you can't open the bank...
What a neat little critter.  He really sounds like a great pet I'm glad he found a nice home after being abandoned like that.  I guess that's karma for you.  You saved this little guy and in turn you got a really special rabbit.  I've never heard of one licking someone or being affectionate like that at all but of course I haven't been around them much.  If you don't mind me asking another question: With your husband working from home, are you considering homeschooling...
I feel like you do about vaccinations.  The theory is great and I know most kids that get vaccinations don't seem to suffer any unpleasant symptoms, but many do and I don't trust the pharmaceutical companies one bit.  I've been reading Dr. Sears vaccine book and it's been tough to decide how to proceed (skip them altogether or pick certain ones and space them out or delay them).  With so much pressure around me to get my child vaccinated, I want to ask you:   Was it...
Your introduction was the perfect length.  It needed to be long because you have quite a story to tell.  I am so completely happy for you.  You deserve a healthy child more than a lot of people in this world.  I love the pictures by the way especially that beautiful rabbit!  I never thought I would ever consider a rabbit for a pet because I've seen rodents as pets at friend's houses and the smell of their cages was too much for me.  Just kind of assumed having a rabbit...
I think this is a great idea!  I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully I can come up with some fun questions for you all.  Sign me up!  EDD is April 22nd.  
I also have an anterior placenta and I've been feeling this little guy since about week 18.  Possibly during week 17 but I wasn't quite sure it was the baby yet as this is my first.  At that point it was just faint flutters every few days or so but now at 22 weeks I'm feeling him move every day a couple times a day.  Especially when I lay down to sleep or when I come back to bed after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  Makes it tough for me to fall...