or Connect

Posts by dahlia810

Abk, you look awesome as always!    My mom told me today that everyone she talks to thinks that I look gigantic. I don't know how to take it lol. I'm not really offended, because I don't personally think I look gigantic.. But I do feel a little defensive about it because, hey, I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant! I'd be more concerned if I didn't have a big baby belly! 
Hahaha right back atcha! 
I didn't mean to come across as judgemental at all, I just wish we could all be more kind to ourselves :)
Well put, Abk! I agree with you. We all have the right to feel however we feel! I think it crosses a line into negative self talk when we just nit pick at our bodies for any imperfection, real or perceived. 
You look great Slammerkin! 
Serafina, I definitely didn't mean to make you feel like you can't talk about it, I hope I didn't make you feel that way. I just meant that it does make me sad that it seems like a lot of the ladies here are struggling with feeling unattractive.
I'm terrible at determining what position baby is in too! I keep asking my OB at each appt if she can tell yet, but so far she's said it's too early.. My guess is that she's head down, because I feel big thumps up around my ribs and smaller pokes and prods down low. But really, I have no idea what I'm talking about lol.    Rainyday, UGH about having to redo your test! That really sucks and sounds so uncomfortable. I had a similar situation with the nurse practically...
Yay Ciga! Glad your appointment went well!
Soleilmama, I agree, it makes me sad to see so many women engage in negative self talk. I'm guilty of it too at times, so I don't get off scot free. But especially now that I'm having a daughter, I want to make it a point to be loving to myself (and to be loving towards other women who may be struggling). It terrifies me to think of my little girl developing body image/eating disorder issues, and I think that we as mothers have a lot of power to teach positive self talk,...
I've been feeling all sorts of thumps and bumps! I did feel hiccups a few weeks ago, but not again recently. Mostly this little girl seems to enjoy bouncing off my ribs and hip bone. It actually doesn't bother me at all, but I do wish I could breathe.    Serafina: 1) Super jealous of that turtle floaty.                2) Give that pumpkin a shit ton of water. lol