or Connect

Posts by JRoberge

Hi there - ditto the hugs :) My son had mild colic, but when on to develop severe eczema, life threatening food allergies, and asthma. We found that food he was allergic to and sensitive too (which didn't show up in tests) really triggered his eczema. We followed an elimination diet and it really helped us clearly see what was the cause. I wrote a post about how to do it  and why. I would suggest doing an elimination diet yourself since you're nursing and see how...
HI -   At the bottom of this blog post about elimination diets I have listed a bunch of great allergy bloggers you may want to take a look at - all have great recipes that should help you out.   http://itchylittleworld.com/2013/01/08/our-eczema-trials-elimination-diet-how-you-can-do-it-too/   Jennifer
Hi there - Check out the GAPS diet. It's what most parents do to heal the gut....and be sure to talk to your physician about adding probiotics and fish oil to your child's diet. And stick with it - healing the gut takes time - usually at least 3 months and sometimes much longer.   Jennifer  
Hi there -   Allergy testing can be a good place to start, but results can be inaccurate - false negatives and positives AND more importantly, your child may only have a food intolerance or sensitivity that is triggering the eczema, which wouldn't show up in allergy tests. Only an elimination diet can determine if food is truly causing your child's eczema. I know it seems overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Find an allergist that is on board with helping you...
I would suggest you try to add some of the foods back in that you removed and watch for a reaction. If there is no reaction for a few days, then keep feeding that same food and no longer restrict it. Like you said, no need to restrict too much since you're already limited. It's not healthy for you or her. Then you can try some of the nuts - don't lump them all together, but try each nut. My son can tolerate some tree nuts and not others. Nuts are healthy and it's best to...
My son had severe head to toe eczema at around age three. It started at birth and gradually worsened and we hit rock bottom at three. Now he's about to turn five and he's close to eczema free. He still has a few spots that flare up here and there, but if we keep them well moisturized with natural balms, he's fine.   So, first, hugs. Eczema stinks. And it's so hard, mentally and physically for everyone, not just your child. Surely your stress levels are through the...
Claritin for a baby? I'm not a doctor, but I can't imagine she would have had time to develop allergies as I believe the child has to pass through one season to develop the allergies. Honestly, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd either look for another pediatrician or at least find yourself a good pediatric allergist who will help you figure out what's bothering your little one.   Chronic ear infections and the other issues you mention are often connected...
Hugs! I know it's so hard - we were there with my son, but at four years old, we've now figured out most his triggers. As the other commenter stated, food allergies are complicated and so is eczema. FA can start at any time. If I were you, I'd talk to your doctor about a food elimination diet for yourself, considering your still nursing - in attempt to try to figure out what's going on. If the idea is overwhelming, you're not alone. I really balked at the idea at first,...
Genestra makes really good probiotics. For multivitamins, I'd check out a health food store like Whole Foods. Poly-vi-Sol may have a lot more additives.
A food challenge is important - you don't want to with hold food from a child if it's not an offender. And allergy testing is often inaccurate - false positives AND negatives (as in my son's case). With a food challege you can also see sensitivies or intolerances, not just allergies.