or Connect

Posts by kamakeg

Hi!   We are trying to find a bassinet and are having a REALLY difficult time finding one that meets all our requirements. Here is what we are looking for:   * Sustainably made (meaning no toxic finishes, with natural products, etc., etc.) * Local (to Canada) if possible, which is turning out to be a massive issue * Breathable, which, again, is turning out to be a massive issue * Safe, ASTM, JPMA, etc.   We've looked at the Stokke bassinet combo but...
I took prenatals that contain ginger (vitamin code ones) and they use raw iron that seems to be easy on the stomach and they are chelated. Plus! Drinking fresh lemon + ginger every morning before and during my pregnancy apparently really helped avoid morning sickness, according to my naturopath.    I was fortunate in that I did not have much morning sickness, just nausea for a couple of weeks at 5 pm. I went off dairy and fish (I don't eat any other type of animal...
I had my 28 week glucose test (first one) last week. It was the "take a nasty 50 g glucose drink and wait an hour" test. I was not expecting the crazy side effects from it! I've been lucky in that I haven't had any real pregnancy woes throughout but this test caused massive heartburn and diarrhea for 24 hours. Has anyone else experienced this? I stay away from refined sugar so maybe this is the reason? I took it without dye as well to try to minimize the nastiness that...
Hi!    I just found out about this website and it looks amazing! Are there any other people from NB on here? :)   K