or Connect

Posts by HomewardBound

UPDATE!   We decided to skip the doctor appointment! Contractions finally kicked in around 10pm Thursday night. They continued for the next 6 hours - really strong (yes, I thought I was going to die of pain! lol). I would doze off between each contraction and then wake up to the pain again. Finally at around 3 am I had to get in the warm tub because I needed something to ease the pain. I continued to fall asleep between each contraction, but around 3:30 I woke up...
Thanks for your reply! How long after your water broke did you deliver? It has now been 11 hours since mine broke and contractions are still not regulating or getting very intense. I mean they are by no means comfortable! :D But they don't really feel strong enough to do much.  
I started having "real" contractions yesterday around dinner time. I have been having Braxton Hicks for almost a month, but these were the first ones that actually were a little painful and I could feel in my lower back. Contractions continued on and off through the night. At 3:30 this morning, my water broke while I was on the toilet. Since then, my contractions have become more mild and are 10-25 minutes apart. I have a doctor's appointment I had scheduled for this...
My mom took castor oil with three of her pregnancies. Twice it worked to bring on labor, once it did nothing beyond the expected bowel effect. My sister tried it twice. It worked once for her and the other time she threw it up right away and didn't try taking it again. I am considering it... Anybody have any thoughts about it? Since I am having a homebirth, does that give me any added reasons why NOT to take it? Pros? Cons? Success stories? Horror stories? I asked my...
Hello ladies! I have been reading threads on here for a while and love hearing everybody's stories and concerns, but I thought maybe I should join and start asking my own questions! I am due in 13 days and am starting to worry! Here's my situation: 18 months ago I gave birth to my beautiful daughter and she was PERFECT, but the birthing experience was far from it! I was induced at 41 weeks, 3 days. I hated being induced, and it just went downhill from there. I  was...
So confused! I'm new here and I'm trying to start a new thread on one of the forums and each time I try to submit it, it says "Sorry the thread you are trying to link does not exist!" I don't know what that means! Help!