or Connect

Posts by ethylester

I just made it to seven months of EP!! I just wanted to share my news with some people who know what it's like. I am both dreading and looking forward to when my son will need more milk than I can produce. I seem to be right at the threshold. Good luck to all ya'll and keep on pumpin'!
Yes, it only happened to me for that short time too.
  No, not recently. He got it mid-November.
My son is 4 months old, adjusted age (he was a preemie) and has been sleeping and waking up just fine. Lately though, when he wakes up from a nap or at night, he wakes up as if he is in pain. He is writhing around and screaming and bending his body like something is hurting him. He has acid reflux and is on Prevacid for this so presumably that is under control. It doesn't appear to be gas because he doesn't pass gas a whole bunch, just a normal amount. His stools are the...
  So from one breast, per day, you get between 72 to 96 ounces. Then your other breast, you get between 48 to 64 ounces, bringing your total to 120 to 160 ounces a day??!?! A can of pop is 12 ounces, so you can pump the equivalent of at the very least, 10 pop cans per day?? A 10 pack. DANG. That is so much milk! I am lucky if I get 35 ounces in one day. What are you doing with all that extra milk? You must need like 5 extra freezers.   Is this typical for other people? I...
Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice! It was very useful! I didn't even realize my breast pump had a battery adapter, but I looked in the box, and there it was! So I went out and got some batteries so that I could pump in the car next time we had a long ride ahead of us. But before I got the chance to pump in the car, we had a big snow storm and my power was out for 6 hours. Thanks to you, I had new batteries I could put in the adapter that I didn't know I had...
I have been pumping exclusively for 5 months now. My son was born 2 months early so his adjusted age is 3 months. He had trouble latching and eventually I just gave up trying. I used a nipple shield and met with a LC, but it just wasn't consistent. The baby would fuss and get frustrated very fast. I am most likely in the minority here, but I also did find breastfeeding to be comfortable at all. I never found a good position to sit in and it just wasn't working for me. I...
I am just curious how many preemie parents out there can't get their babies to sleep on their backs because of the reflux? When my son with in the NICU, they tilted his crib so that he slept on his back at an angle due to reflux issues. It seemed to work and he was able to sleep fine. I now realize that it only worked because he slept pretty much all the time in any position when he was that age. He is now 3 months adjusted age (born at 31 weeks, 2 days) and from the...
I am trying to start a new thread and I keep getting the above error message. What is going on?
This sounds like my son. I thought he was like this because he was a preemie, but it sounds like he's just being a baby! He is 3 months adjusted age and it is slowly getting easier. He will sleep for about 6 hours at night, which is new and amazing. I also thought that i would just wear him all the time, but like you said, it takes forever to get those darn things on! By the time you figure out all the snaps and clips, he's screaming so hard he can't breathe and sweat is...