or Connect

Posts by mama sarah

We welcomed our rainbow baby, Theo Hartley, 7 lbs 8 oz, in the wee morning hours yesterday. He was born naturally...47 hours after my water broke. He is our 4th child and it was my longest labor journey of all of them! Not what I had expected...thinking that his was going to be faster than the other 3! Will try to post his birth story soon. I haven't been too active on the message boards lately, but have been thinking of all of you February mamas-to-be and sending...
I’ve been busy doing this too!  I never did this with our first three babes, but my husband is a 4th year naturopathic medical school student, so he won’t be on paternity leave like he has been in the past!     I’ve made and frozen: *chili *creamed chicken (like chicken ala king, but dairy free since my kiddos/husband have dairy sensitivities) *butternut squash and pinto bean enchiladas with goat cheese *homemade veggie and goat cheese pizzas *corn chowder *potato...
I have been having some strong BH contractions lately… the “take your breath away” kind!  I remember having them with my first three kids, but I don’t recall having them this strong, this early…chalking it up to it being baby #4?!  I’ve had a few where I had to lay down for a few minutes until they passed.  I am mostly getting the strong ones after exercising or after being on my feet and doing a lot around the house.  Anyone else experiencing this?  It’s certainly making...
Erigeron: I also have a SIL who lives far away and is due 4 months after me.  It’s nice to look forward to having babies that will be so close in age, and to be in similar parenting stages, even though we don’t see them often.  It will be fun when you have finished both sweaters and get pictures of the two little ones!  I haven’t been crafting for baby lately…been crafting quite a bit for my big kids, but will get back to baby crafting after the holidays.  I would like to...
We’re planning another home birth!  I ordered the birth tub and rearranged the living room this week to make a nice open space for the tub...and everyone that will be in birth attendance.  I haven’t had a lot of people at my last three births, but it has worked out to be that way with this one.  My husband and three kids, midwife, midwife assistant, midwifery student in training, my mother-in-law, possibly my sister-in-law (she is flying in from out of state) and a dear...
Mattie: I missed your baby bump photo when I initially scrolled down! You have a beautiful bump as well!!
Pattimomma and Holliet: Beautiful bellies!!! Holliet - Wishing you the best on placenta news as your pregnancy progresses... Pattimomma - Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes - will you be able to manage it with diet? Mattie - I haven't experienced what you have described in the same way, but it is so understandable with pregnancy following a loss. I have definitely been more fearful of baby loss throughout this pregnancy since having a miscarriage prior.
Patti: I agree, time is flying! I was thinking earlier today about how this sweet babe of mine is due three months from this Thursday! Oh goodness, this pregnancy is feeling more real than ever. Like you mentioned, it took a long time for me to settle into this pregnacy, especially after the initial complications I was having. My pregnancy has been smooth and uncomplicated so far this second half and I am so very grateful! Sorry to hear about your varicose veins. I...
So, so sorry. May you be surrounded by love and peace during your healing journey. You are in my thoughts.
Third trimester is here this week...feeling extra crafty motivation! I've been sewing wee wooly clothes from thrifted merino wool sweaters! What are you crafting?!!