or Connect

Posts by Barbee

DS recently got pinworms from school. We ended up doing two rounds of PinX, an over the counter pinworm medication. His last dose was about 10 days ago. We did it twice, 10 days apart, and the entire family did it. He still has pinworms in his bm's. Should I assume the medication didn't work? How long before you no longer see them in bm's? So frustrating... 
Hi,  We're using OM. My 5 year old son is at a homeschool charter so he has classes twice a week and the rest is with me at home. His classes at school are extracurricular. This trimester he is taking cooking/sewing, sculpture, Dancing around the world and a wilderness class. We just got our curriculum. Any suggestions for starting mid year? Also, he'll enroll as a Kindergartner again next year because he only just turned 5 in October so the curriculum is going to last...
Thank you for your replies mamas! I told him that he could spit in the toilet or the grass but everything else is off limits. We'll see how it goes. I appreciate your wisdom.
It's making me crazy. He swishes spit between his teeth and sometimes spits on the floor. I don't know how to make him stop and the sound of his spit is making me ill not to mention the spit on the floor. I thought 5 was supposed to get easier. He's, and please don't flame me for this, really annoying. I love him but this spit thing and his inability to listen to anything I say is getting to me. I'm embarrassed in public and lately he's been getting "the look" from...
Hi. We're just starting kindergarten over here. My ds is in a homeschool charter that provides classes two days a week and money for supplies. Right now he's taking outdoor ed, music, tennis and a storytelling/puppet making class and he starts tomorrow. As part of the charter, we have to turn in weekly work records and work samples four times a year. I just fill out the form as we go along and relate a lot of what we do to subjects. Baking for example is science and math...
My ds is like your dd. He still gets up at the same time no matter what time he goes to bed. If he goes to bed late, he's grumpy the next day. I just wish he wasn't so rude in the morning. The first thing he did this rainy dark morning was get mad at me because I didn't put a candle in his jack-o-lantern. Not the ideal way to start the day.
My ds has been ready to get up at unreasonably early times. This morning it was dark outside. His room is attached to my room and I know that he can play in there safely by himself (he'll be 5 in a couple of weeks) but he refuses to and kicks and wakes me up until I get out of bed. I work at home and homeschool and I can't function well like this. The only time I get any sleep in the morning is if I park him in front of a cartoon which I really don't like doing. I feel as...
I did get the homeopathic nosodes for my ds. Two years ago, he got pertussis, but it was the most mild of all of his friends. In fact, his medically trained relative couldn't even tell he had it. I've never been 100% certain about my decisions regarding vaccinations and I don't know if I ever will, but my experience with nosodes has been positive.
I read this article as it was posted to Facebook. It's another guilt trip in my opinion. "We, as non vaccinators will be responsible for infant deaths." Ridiculous! We are never given the full story. As a non vaccinator in a non vaccinated community, I'm very careful and considerate when I feel that my son might be contagious. When we're allowed to raise our children instinctively we know when they are coming down with something early. Furthermore, how much would long term...
Are they really effective? I know the liquid cal mag is probably the best, but it's so pricey.