or Connect

Posts by Gabesgrrrl

Hi All!   My little girl is almost 8 months old. She's crawling, and pulling herself to standing...and exclusively breastfed. She is starting to make eating noises and imitate us when we eat. I nursed my last 2 babies until a year exclusively, but they were also not showing any interest in food.    I feel a little sad about introducing solids this early, and wonder if there's a "window" of opportunity to introduce them? If she is showing interest and I don't...
Hi everyone!   Check out some pics of our little sweetie: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150481491124112.463648.787329111&type=1&l=39145be318     Enjoy!   Marcie
Hello All,   I am the proud mama of a 7 day old baby girl named Arabella. She had her meconium stools, and then 2 regular ebf stools, and then....nothing for going on 36 hours. My midwife seems very concerned, and wants me to bring her in today to be weighed. She is sleeping more than she was before, and I have to wake her to feed, which the MW said is a bad sign-but I'm not exactly sure why. I mean, she screamed the entire night for the first 4 nights, so I'm more...
She's here! Pictures coming soon.:)   7lbs and some oz... 19.7 inches long,   Born Oct. 5th at 2:50AM   After 3 weeks of prodromal labor, she arrived in a big hurry in my bathtub-in 1 hour exactly.:)    
Or as my husband thought I said on the phone: "Stretch and Seek"....LOL!   So today, I was having contractions every 5-11 minutes all day, which is nothing new because it's been this way (and often closer together) for over 3 weeks now. My EDD was yesterday, and I'm officially more than 2 weeks "more" pregnant than I have ever been, so I feel R_E_A_D_Y!!!   When I went to the MW, I found out I had dilated a WHOLE 1 CM since LAST WEEK, taking me to a whopping...
Well, today is my official duedate. I am still pregnant! I am now a full 2 weeks more pregnant than I have ever been, and am starting to lose my grip.   I have inlaws calling to tell me I should be getting myself to a hospital-which doesn't help combat the fear that my body has forgotten how to do this....   I'm also battling a headcold, which my oldest son so generously brought home from school, which is not helping my positivity!   I don't know what to...
I am sooo blessed to know you understand! This is the most trying pregnancy I've ever had! xoxo
lol...you're funny! You're the only one asking baby to hold-off...believe me! :)   Unfortunately, I'm not taking orders right now, since I'm due on Monday. If I do make an exception, it would be with the understanding that I'm not guaranteeing a ship-time.;)    
I'm glad to know someone else feels similarly.:) This is my 4th baby, and although I had some prodromal labor with my last baby, it was much more mild than this time around. My longest labor of all 3 was 3 hours, so I feel pretty stressed about if it's "it" every time it starts.   I've been told that it can shorten labor, but doesn't always...I have an appointment with my midwife this AM, where I'm going to request a cervical check. If I'm not dilating at all, I...
I am exhausted. Prodromal labor for the last 3 weeks has meant lack of sleep, being emotionally drained and overall not a good version of myself.   I don't mind pain. In fact, pain during labor doesn't really register as "pain" for me-it seems like a good thing-a great thing-because a baby will be close behind, and no matter how hard the labor one look-one smell of that babe, and it all fades into a distant, blissful memory...   But this? How can I be contracting...