or Connect

Posts by lillielil

Checking in after another long absence. I love reading about what you all are up to but I don't have much to add other than "yep, breastfeeding again" and "holy cow, this baby is so awesome!!!" Awesome, right? I can't believe my darling Harrison will be two months old tomorrow! He is grinning up a storm and even laughing - but only at DW. He thinks everything she does is hilarious! At 8 weeks PP I'm finally able to do as much walking as I was doing at 41 weeks...
Oh Max no! What heartbreaking news. I am so, so sorry!
Carmen - we semi-cosleep with an on bed bassinet between us. I don't know if that helps with bonding or not, but I appreciate how easy it is to feed him at night. Cananny thank you for the support. I can't believe how big your babies are getting. I'm so excited for you! Seraf and Steph, thank you for the nursing while wearing advice! I'm very excited to give it a try in the birthday sling I will hopefully be getting.
One - Sage is gorgeous! I am loving seeing pics of everyone's adorable babies/kids here. I think DW is struggling to bond, mostly because at 1 month the only thing that H is really enthusiastic about is eating. She has given him a few bottles of pumped milk, which helps, but it must be so hard for her. I'm still home all day, but she's been back at work for a few weeks so she gets to spend much less time with him than I do. I love watching her sing to him and show him...
This update is all about babywearing. DW wore him in the Ergo when we went to Ikea. I hoped it would be nice bonding time for them. Instead it hurt her back, and she described it as being "strapped to a sweaty, suicidal little oven." I ended up running out to the car to get the stroller. I think the biggest problem is that we used the infant insert - I went for a walk without it yesterday and was fine. My birthday is this week (hello Aquarians!) and I asked for a ring...
Regarding diapers... We have gDiapers and I am very ambivalent about them. We do not have to change everything every time. We change the pad every time, liner if it has poop, and cover only if there is a leak/explosion. My wife made a ton of pads - much cheaper than buying them and she was able to make them a lot thicker. However, we have had some leaks. I think this is because my 10 lb baby is still too long and skinny for the size we're using. They tend to gap around his...
My beautiful son is one month old today. My memory of his birth is foggy at best, and pieces are slipping away. I wanted a natural water birth. We did everything to prepare - 3 months of Bradley classes, eating right, walking and swimming all the time, gallons of raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil in both ends, chiropractic, etc. I was looking forward to labor as an opportunity to prove to myself that I was amazing. I wanted to feel strong and...
Good point, seraf! She has worn him on a few outings, but not around the house the way I do, in large part because she's not home all day - this is her 2nd week back at work. I'll try to make sure they get some quality snuggle time this weekend.
Oh boy.. I fully intended to make sure I became a member of this fantastic community, then went missing!    Harrison is four weeks old now, and completely amazing. He is starting to sleep for longer stretches at night, and I'm getting much better at understanding what he needs (I can differentiate between "hungry" and "for the love of all that is holy I need to fart!"). I also started pumping some milk so my wife can feed him. From the beginning she was doing a lot...
Hope this works - sorry if I accidentally post something huge or if this goes weird otherwise. Here is Harrison!