or Connect

Posts by LukesMum

I joined these forums 12 years ago when I beccame a mom..it has always been my best resource. Im smack dab in the middle of menopause now! I have low low estrogen and progesterone levels. My Dr. has prescribed bioidentical hormones but the estriol creme is 60 EUros a tube ( $75 ish) and I go thru one every 3 weeks! There seems to be some online resources for Estriol without a prescription even on amazon and Im wondering if anyone has tried these and had success for...
Im going to try to be brief. My 8 yo dd has had this issue for over a year. Poor soul. She has No constipation issues healthy diet ( wholefood/vegetairan limited sugar/ very limited processed foods)   We have tested for pinworms, strep, and have gone thru 2 cycles of yeast meds with no luck. Her ped. was sure it was yeast but cutting way back on sugar (honey) and 3 weeks of meds have shown no change so I am doubting its yeast. had I seen even a slight change I...
My husband has been xing for about 5 months and has lost 25 lbs. Of couse he improved his diet, but he REALLY wants me to go through the 12 week cylce. I run and am an avid yoga teacher, but am willing to try it. Id love someone to do it with me...anyone want to be workout buddies?? I cant start until after Jan 11 as we will be travelling.....  
OH man, I ahvent been on ehre in a long time but MDC started with me when 11 yeaars ago! I was super active and it influenced my decisions to not vax, homeschool and home birth...all things I would have never considered before! I have been feeling very isolated these past few years and am going to try and find a place where I can have a sense of community....otherwise I havent been on here in ages....
Just chiming in as Im an expat living in Germany who is not allowed to homeschool ( we hs before moving here) Luckily we found a lovely small International school but Id go back to hsing in a breath!  
Thank you all so much....Im feeling much better. We had a talk today and he "gets it". Its just all new  and I am a bit protective after the bullying. Thanks also for all who remember and supported me through that.  It was one of the most emotional times of my life. In the end, the school made a stand and he felt "seen" He still has problems at time with that boy, but he has made new friends and this has brought him more confidence. So, while the situation was...
  http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=86029  http://blog.safetyweb.com/internet-safety-tips-to-keep-kids-safe-on-skype/    I guess I see this near having a cell phone, texting etc. I suppose Im just moving into a different age period, but I am concerned as to the amount of time he spends "chatting" and our family time. also, all this technology is driving me a bit insane. ;( If it were up to me we'd be TV free and not even have a computer, although I know...
My 11 yo ds has recently discovered SKYPE and he and his buddies from school want to be on it a lot. I am trying to set up boundaries. He is at a small private school here in EUrope and has been quite sheltered up to this point. He seems to be maturing very fast these days. He has a big crush on a cute little girl in his class and asked her to be his "girlfriend". It is all very innocnent, I believe, but it is difficult to set the boundaries. It is hard when he says "my...
Hi Im 45 this week. Im a yoga teacher, vegetarian, noridc walker and I lift amybe 2x a week. so Im active. Guess what? For the first time in my life Ive gained 5 lb! I couldnt believe it!!!! I just read that working out is the key to weight maintenance when you are younger but diet is the key over 40. SO, I think Im eating too much--even of the healthy stuff. I live in eruope so dabble in the fabulous cheese, pretzles , breads eetc. YUM> Im now on a raw cleanse and...
Thank you so much! Yes, what I thought...probiotics like crazy. We have kefir and my Dr will give me acidopholus I'm sure. I think the travel sucks and I hate it, but we do enjoy coming "home" for a holiday. I also supp with vit D3 but just started about a month ago. I take 1,000 iu. My Dr had tested me and told me I was in the normal range but didn't say what the count was. I'm upping my c and D for now. thanks