or Connect

Posts by NotYourBuddyGuy

I'm kind of lazy, so I googled for birth plan checklists.  You check off the stuff you want, and they email you a link to a custom birth plan:   http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/free-birth-plan
In the past few weeks, I finally seem to have had the energy to really start thinking about labor and I've been doing some things (like re-reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth) to start putting me in the right frame of mind.   I also created a pinterest board that includes birthing techniques, articles, and general inspiration.  My board's private, but I thought I would share some of the stuff I found/inspiration here.  Share yours!  I'm sure we can all use some...
^^^I second Calladonna on the granny panties.  I made my DH go out and get the big Hanes Briefs when we got home from the hospital.  I found them much more comfortable than then mesh ones.   Also, make sure to bring a NB and a 0-3 sized off for coming home.  DS skipped the whole NB clothes phase.   We did disposable diapers until the umbilical cord stump fell off; I didn't want to buy a NB stash, plus I was afraid of being overwhelmed.  I have a snappi and some...
If you're comfortable posting a pic, that'd be awesome.   I did a cheat sheet for our first one, but DH didn't really study/get involved.  We're trying to do the Bradley Book this time, and it's kind of hard to get him excited.   But, to get this post back on track:   I need to:   - Take care of my maternity leave documentation - Change the elastic on my cloth diapers - Make freezer meals - Work on the Bradley Book - Buy stuff for baby once I get...
Here are some of my favorite recipes that we plan on freezing.  DH is gluten/corn/dairy free, so, except for the granola bites,  all recipes can be adapted   No bake granola bites (these are my version of a lactation cookie):   http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/01/no-bake-energy-bites/   Quinoa Pizza bites:   http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/02/03/quinoa-pizza-bites-2/   Gluten/Dairy/Soy free lasagna (link to make fauxcotta cheese in the article,...
Completely OT-   TheCoffeeBean - you have a labor techniques poster?  I'm intrigued...
Goodtexasmama - You can still set up a registry on amazon and keep it private to get the registry completion discount.  We put things like the next car seat we'll need on there (FF/Booster seat combo), lanolin cream, breastmilk bags, and some other essentials that we wanted to stock up on.  The 10% helps!
My company covers me under both FMLA and the NJ FLA, I get 6 weeks STD, 6 weeks maternity leave (2 weeks for every year you've worked at the company up to 6), and I'm hoping to take vacation time to cover me under the extra unpaid time I get under NJFLA (hopefully at least 4 weeks extra).   I really hate how short maternity leave is here in the US, but at the same time, I kind of understand.  I mean, it's hard for a company to support an employee for a year, then...
It sounds like you have helpful in laws that you won't mind having around, but won't want to "live with" for 2 weeks.  I'd definitely approach DH about saving the visit for some time after 6 weeks when he can take some extended time off (perhaps half days or some long weekends) so you don't have to do all of the entertaining.  Plus, they're *his* parents, so presumably he'd want to spend some extra time besides nights & weekends with them?
Just a few questions to ponder:   You say they are skilled cooks/cleaners.  Will they:   - Actually plan on cooking/cleaning or want to play pass the baby all day when they stay? - Will they need assistance getting everything together (i.e., will you need to take them food shopping, or do more work than just letting them know where your spice drawer, pantry and fridge are? - Will their idea of cleaning be rearranging your sock drawer or any other location...