or Connect

Posts by underAttack

Thanks for the replies, all appreciated.  Continued comments appreciated and will be read, or just feel free to vent.  It made me feel a lot better, this is therapeutic.  Thank you everyone!  We are working on this...
Hi.  Thanks for the reply!  You're right, I'm not looking for a label, just ways to cope/prevent/improve.  95+% of the time, my son is very sweet, funny, happy, energetic, smart, hopeful, rational, and pleasant little guy.  That's what highlights the other side of him so starkly.  These isolated and extreme incidents where he says bizarre, ugly things and loses control of his emotions.   Also nailed something I didn't have time to write about.  Unexpected...
Your daughter and my son have some similar behaviors.  I don't have any advice since I came here seeking help with about the same thing but wanted to let you know I read your post and feel your pain.  You are not alone.  
He's 7 and just gets more and more angry.  It's to the point where I dread when he walks in the room when he gets in one of his moods.  Something like turning unexpectedly on our way somewhere can do it.  The other evening I wanted to take him to the tree lighting ceremony down the street.  I asked him if he wanted to go for a drive and see if anyone had good decorations lit up yet.  By the time we were backing out of the driveway, he was screaming at me and kicking...