or Connect

Posts by NAABG12

@prosciencemum do you happen to have a link to that research? Or know where I could find it? Not that I doubt you I just want to make the best choice. My DD is 15 months we are going to wind up getting most of the vaccines recommended. Skipping a few but not many. But we are also creating our schedule for the next LO. We were initially planning on skipping all but have since done more research and changed our stance. We are also moving and switching doctors and the new...
So if we spread DDs vaccines out in your opinion is it better to give one vaccine a month for quite a few consecutive months in order to not overload her all at once. Or is it better to do a few at a time and then give her body a few months break? I feel like the former makes more sense but it is virtually 9 months of one shot a month and that seems like a lot too.
Thanks ladies, sorry I haven't posted anything else! We currently have a family doctor who is good about vaccines but bad about other things. After calling everyone in the book DH and discussed our other issues with the practice we are at now and decided that the issues aren't as bad as being forced/disrespected by another doc. However that is a good idea to talk to Chiro next appt I have I will ask for his recs! Thanks again.
We currently have a doctor who allows us to pick and choose what and when we will vaccinate however there are other issues with them and their office and we are hoping to find a new office but every place in town I have called strictly follows AAP standards which we simply will not do.    I am not sure this is exactly the right forum for this because I am not looking to debate about it, but it didn't seem to fit into any others. So if you have any tips about finding...
DD has gone to all of hers I didn't even realize there were people who didn't go, that is not meant to be mean or judgemental in anyway, just didn't know. Anyway first of all our doctor is really laid back, from talking to other parents our well baby check ups were not nearly as harsh/intrusive as others have it. Mostly it was a good time of open forum to discuss any questions or concerns I might have. I also fully believe in having check ups because catching childhood...
Two responses: One I got a severe case of chicken pox and still got it two more times as a child. My sister got two mild cases and then a severe case. In response to the person who says the more often they are exposed to CP the better chance of not getting shingles isn't correct. If you do not get CP in your system you will not get shingles. Once it is in your system your statistical likelihood of getting shingles skyrockets. They have even linked the vaccine with...
We didn't start clothe diapering with DD until she was about 5 or 6 months so I don't know much about diapering a newborn. Any tips, ideas, brands that worked great? We bought most of DDs diapers used from FB groups.  Also we wash Monday/Wed/Fri would you recommend a different schedule for new babies daipers or the same? How many should we stock up on? 
Hi I am new to the Mothering Forums. I have been posting on other pregnancy/parenting forums but had a hard time fitting in because of my 'alternative' parenting choices for which I took a lot of heat. Hoping this will be a better experience for me!  I am a SAHM with my 14 month old daughter. My husband is very hands on and helps A LOT.  We do selective vaccines, extended breastfeeding, we did co-sleep however we both sleep better on our own so DD is now in her own...
I am planning my natural birth at the hospital. Last time I was in labor for 40 hours and did wind up getting a bit of pitocin, just the smallest dose to get me through because I didn't sleep for 40 hours and was getting too tired. I am not comfortable with birthing at home JIC plus insurance wouldn't cover MW charges etc and the money isn't there for us to cover it ourselves. I did have to switch to a new practice with 9 MWs I am nervous because I was really confident...
I am new to the Mothering Forums (not the magazine or website though :) ) My EDD is Aug. 23rd with #2.