or Connect

Posts by gennaxo

Did any of you happen to catch Dr Gupta's special on CNN called "Weed"? If so, what did you think of it?
Do you think it is sciatic nerve pain? I had that for the last two months of my third pregnancy and it was horrible.Cannabis isn't really too harmful. I would try edibles, rather than smoking just because smoking anything during pregnancy cuts off oxygen to baby. I'm sure just a few hits, wouldn't be a big deal, though. I read a study that found women who used cannabis during pregnancy had babies with higher IQs than those of women who did not lol.
I was just going to say that!I have such a low tolerance, one hit and I'm gone. So right now I don't consume it. I'm currently nursing my one and two year old. The only worry I would have about nursing and cannabis use would be if for some reason they were tested. The THC is stored in your fat cells, which is exactly where your milk comes from, so it definitely gets in there. Its more safe than just about anything you can get from the grocery store, so I don't think it...
I was 16 with my first. She's now 7. I had my other two at 21 then 22. I look younger than I am, so people always think my oldest is my sister. To be fair, she looks 8 or 9.
I was stating that in response to an earlier post saying it can exacerbate anxiety. Everyone is different, but generally if it makes you anxious, it's likely because you're sensitive to the high amount of thc and need more cbd to balance it out.
Hey everyone!   I'm a somewhat new member to the Mothering community. I just happened to see this group/thread and I'm pretty excited. I'm not a regular cannabis consumer, but SO is. We are also activists here in CO. I have done a ton of research on the cannabis plant as medicine and how it affects the body. I know someone, personally, who cured theirself of cancer using it (sounds crazy! that's why I started the research); as well as a few others. We have a...
This is a great thread! I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but wanted to comment anyway. I've always run around barefoot. Now that I'm a SAHM I'm barefoot almost 24/7. My SO always wears shoes, even around the house. Last year, a barefooter walked in to the pizza place he works at. He was going to kick the man out, but the man told him about the NSNSNS being bs and how him being barefoot was not technically a health code violation, and told SO about...
He has had bad reactions each time he was vaccinated. At this point, we are still going to vaccinate, we're just going to wait until he's a older. And after we've learned more about each vaccine. My MIL is very pro-vaccination because the polio vaccine saved her life as a young girl, so she is always asking about whether or not they've had their check ups, and if they're up to date on their shots. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am open to all information, for or...
Pek64, I know it has much more lactose. My point was just that by the time they are too old to breastfeed, their bodies have a tougher time breaking down the lactose anyway.
I am still nursing my 22 month old (as well as a 9 month old). He loves his milk, but my family keeps teasing him ans telling me I need to give him "real milk". I found studies showing that cows milk decreases iron absorption which can lead to anemia in children under two. We also lose enzymes required to process lactose around the age of five. Some people lose more than others and are classified as lactose intolerant. Aside from that, breast milk is the perfect milk for...