or Connect

Posts by autumnsummers

I"ve had them before and taking a liquid magnesium supplement helped immensely.
Hi Shunee, Rosemary is a wonderful and quite safe herb when used whole. In the new Botanical Safety Handbook it is listed as a Class 1 herb (the  safest category).  As you know, it is quite strong in flavor and is most often used as a culinary spice or in an herbal extract for therapeutic uses and not so much as a tea - due to the taste.  Using a small amount for your son should be fine, say 1/2 teaspoon per cup of water, 1 cup a day. Another herb that has...
Another idea is to look at supporting your children's immune system. Echinacea is a wonderful and safe herb for children. Herb Pharm does have a Children's Echinacea that tastes great as it is made from glycerine and  is flavored with a bit of orange essential oil. If there is a time of year that your children tend to be susceptible, then you can  use the Echinacea during that time to help support healthy immune function* and also during acute situations. Working with a...
You could try this resource: http://www.naturopathic.org/AF_MemberDirectory.asp?version=2 Good luck!
Thanks for the sharing your experience with Adrenal Support Tonic. Many reputable herbal resources including the just published second edition of the Botanical Safety Handbook (BSH) make no mention of Prickly Ash or any of the other herbs in this compound decreasing lactation. However, if you are concerned about Prickly Ash, Stress Manager could be another adaptogenic formula to consider. It contains no Prickly Ash and none of the herbal components have contraindications...
Yes, these herbs are safe to take while breastfeeding.
Such an important topic for moms and so far there are many important suggestions on ways to address this common situation. I'll chime in with a few herbal ideas. There are herbs called adaptogens that help the body  function better when under long-term stress. These types of herbs can be very helpful in situations like this. Also herbs that support the adrenals directly, like Licorice, and help nourish the nervous system, like Oat tea or extract are good. While there are...
There are so many wonderful suggestions here! I want to highlight something that Mightymama brought up about herbs. Uva-Ursi can be great as she suggested, when there are symptoms. I like to  combine Uva-Ursi with soothing herbs such as Corn Silk and Marshmallow in a tea, as they can really calm the irritation. Uva-Ursi has a very strong flavor that a 10 year old - or for that matter many adults - won't like drinking in tea. Also sometimes making tea and carrying it...
I agree about looking at diet for clues about what may be causing this. In the meantime, trying some herbs that are soothing to the stomach and help support healthy digestion may be useful. Here at Herb Pharm we have a Children's Herbal Compound that fits the bill with  the herbs Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Catnip and Fennel. All great digestive and calming herbs and safe for little ones.  Be well, Autumn
Dear Rosell,  I hope you and your toddler are feeling better.  There are a few herbs that could be really useful in that situation. Some find Echinacea by itself to work well and it would be safe for both you and your little one. Also, here at Herb Pharm we have a Children's Winter Health Compound that contains Echinacea and some other immune supporting herbs such as Black Elderberry and Hyssop. This  formula is also safe to use while pregnant and for little ones over...