or Connect

Posts by richella

I learned the form Faster EFT from a 2-hour workshop, and have used it maybe a couple times/ month, I guess it's been close to a year now. (I recall I had poison ivy on my face at the time I went to the workshop, and tapped my embarrassment at the disgusting disfiguration it presented, and it healed completely in 10 days instead of the solid 3 weeks it used to take.) The teacher who presented it was great and I think I'd benefit a lot from working individually with her,...
Hm. I was just coming here to ask if dd's tooth will fall out if the new one is coming in behind it. So I guess it's possible it will. When I was little I had one or 2 extracted by a dentist for that reason, they told my parents the tooth wouldn't fall out and it "had" to be removed.   They didn't do anything about the position of the big teeth until they were all in, in fact, it was in my teens when I had braces.
Ants on a log, that sounds fun and simple. Will check out Tru Cuisine. Thanks for replying.
As you can see from prev. posts, normal is a very wide range. My first was a big comfort nurser, every time she fell down, got frustrated, etc, she nursed. Night nursed 2-3x/night till she was maybe 20 mos, I was pg and milk stopped at night. Then she night weaned. I didn't really like tandem nursing, but didn't think she was ready to wean, so we compromised by limiting the time she nursed to my count to 10. Still she wanted to nurse frequently throughout the day. That...
I know soy is a four-letter word these days, but, comparing to the other non-dairy "milks" I can get and afford where I live, I just don't really see any nutritional value in anything else. Soy does have protein and some fat. Almond has a bit of fat, but neither rice nor almond has significant protein. Pretty much all the nutrients they have are added. Might be different if you make your own? I know whole almonds are quite high in calcium, I don't understand why almond...
The school nurse sent me a letter saying she was going to do a nutrition project and knew we don't give dd the same foods they serve at school. (We do eat some fish and eggs, but only if we know where they came from and how they were produced, so at school, it's pretty much vegan. Also, sugar is a big issue.) She gave me the recipes she plans to use for dd's class, one every week for several weeks. A couple were fine, like bananas wrapped in tortilla with peanut butter,...
I wouldn't spend much on anything until after baby is born, because you simply don' t know what will work until you try it. We had a cradle, used it for a few weeks, until dd wouldn't stop crying unless someone was touching her. Then I decided we would all sleep better if she were in the bed! That was a double at first, then we moved to a queen around 2, I think, and at some point we set up a crib sidecar. I didn't originally want the crib, or the cradle, they were both...
Totally agree. Not just one who will "allow" a woman to "try" it, but one who believes that natural, vag birth is the best way, who WANTS it for every mom. DH was a bit suspicious of me when I started talking this way --he thought a MD who wasn't biased would be safer. But believing in natural birth doesn't mean one can't or won't use intervention if it really is necessary; it just means s/he will be willing to work for what (in this case) the patient has stated is her...
Gotta be quick, they're waiting to open presents . . . ;) Second spinningbabies.com. Very important regarding position. Please, please, talk to a doula and an independent midwife. I was medically different, but when I wondered if I should sign up for the scalpel and be prepared for the surgery, OR try to VBAC, I talked to a MW at a freestanding birth center first. It was the most important decision I made. The MW was so relaxed and confident, also very experienced,...
Refrigerator pickles are naturally fermented, and you can find lots of recipes if you google that. This was my second year to make them with the cukes my neighbors gave me. Much easier than canning. I also found a recipe in a reprint of a pamphlet put out by George Washington Carver in the 30s, which had a recipe for "Cold tomato relish." It's essentially a refrigerator pickle, which I think lots of people would probably be scared to try, but it was simple and easy and I...