or Connect

Posts by richella

I'm not big on the regular holidays, just cause I feel they get so drawn out at school, church, and everywhere else, I get exhausted. So I'm not really interested in having holiday parties, etc. But I think we will do something for Thinking Day. Feb. is a bit slower time of year, and I hope we'll be done with Brownie Quest by then, so we might have a ceremony and present awards as well.
Love this. We saw a big catalog of fun patches in the council office, which has lots indexed by category, and I know there was at least one for knot tying, probably one for fire building as well, and lots of stuff I wouldn't have expected.
Things I do that I couldn't do if I had a "real job:" lead a Brownie troop play music at the Sr. Center hold an office in a philanthropical organization volunteer at a thrift shop bake freeze surplus organic produce inform myself about what is happening in the world outside my little life write and self-publish a novel give my venerable, needy cat lots of attention volunteer at the food pantry design and make Halloween costumes walk my kids home from...
Tell me more!
DH cooking tonight, I think he's going to make black bean soup.
I am feeling really hot right now. We had agreed with other troops to maintain a local park, to my knowledge no one else had done anything yet, but we meet there so we do some most meetings. I told everybody we would decorate the park next meeting, 10/22. A former leader told me she had Halloween decorations, but thought we should decorate earlier. Both 02 and I thought it was a fine date, but maybe the other lady is the one who put a bunch of decorations in the park. Um,...
Baked spaghetti squash mixed w/olive oil and some almond/dried cranberry thing in a plastic bag, which MIL gave me. Sauteed julienne onion, mixed peppers, fried tofu on top. DH was stuck at work till time to go to dd's soccer game, kids ate only their obligatory 1 bite (plus the tofu), so I was the only one to enjoy this dish, which I thought was fab.   Thinking about maybe stuffing some peppers tonight (getting boatloads from the CSA) with some fake chorizo, maybe some...
 We played the hoop game. It's a small group (7) and some had played it before, but they/I suggested variations, such as 2 hoops, or having to step through the hoop to pass it. We had a lot of fun and laughed a lot. Then I took out the folder I'd prepared. It was a manila folder, and on the inside I wrote in big letters, "our Brownie Team Agreement." They saw the box of crayons, etc, earlier, and had been asking to do a craft project, so I told them they had to do this one...
Oh, I would love to take girls backpacking. That's down the road a bit. I don't mean to say that we won't do crafts and games, just that they can get those lots of other places, Sunday school, PE, day camp, summer recreation program, etc etc etc. But who else will be willing/able to address the specific needs that girls have, growing up in a world that is changing faster than anybody can keep up with, in which the messages bombarding girls about what is expected of...
I did tell her about that. We also noted that dh and I fit that pattern, and discussed which of us is smarter, ;) as well as whether my college degree and his lack of one are related to our intelligence. Also noted that most of the teachers in her school are women, and all have college degrees.dd1 said it could be reversed, but she also corrected the grammar/word use. I don't know if we had that when I was a kid. Sounded vaguely familiar, but not sure which way it...