or Connect

Posts by richella

Oh, just found this. I think oki and bejeweled are still on the old thread. anyway, not only did I take in recycling today, I actually got the recycling closet door closed! Too exciting not to share.
Oki, when my dds were babies I didn't even try to do crafts, I figured I was in pretty good shape if I did a load of laundry and maybe some dishes. Dh even took over a lot of the cooking. Thank heaven I never had to move in that period, wouldn't have made it! Today I need to clean the kitchen sort and take in recycling told dd we might bake some cookies and why not fold some laundry   pick up dd from school at 3:45   have a great day all!  
thanks bejeweled! and the kids are doing dishes now! though I haven't started the muffins yet, just waiting till the very last hour as usual. Got sidetracked to read Ronia the Robber's Daughter for a while, obviously more important than housekeeping, right?
Hi all, though I don't get here every day, I do enjoy seeing what you all are doing, and also that you give yourselves days not to "get anything done" (though I'm assuming we all know that even on our least productive days, we are probably doing a lot). So, I got a desk set up for dd2 and she loves it. In process dh kindly unorganized the tiny piece of the garage which I had organized earlier in the year, saying by the next time I want to get into that area he will have...
Okay, I'm back. Deciding to post before bed. that might motivate me to do a bit of kitchen cleaning before bed instead of leaving it till tomorrow. If I am really on the ball and don't stay online for an hour or 2, I'll get some work done, then have time to read before I turn out the light. Right? Might as well think about tomorrow . . .I wonder if it's time to take down the tree . . . maybe bring a desk in from the garage and set it up for dd2 . . . which will take...
Yikes stomach flu, we all had that at the same time last year. It was actually scary when dh and I were too weak to care for the dds! got my boxes cleared yesterday, and even grabbed some junk from the garage to recycle! But that was about all. today I had one project, baking, didn't get started till 4:00! But I cleaned a motel room, took some reservations. Did some arranging in the kitchen fed everyone 3 times. walked over to the store for eggs jumped on the...
Very interesting, thanks all for your input. fwiw I like the kid who made the invitation, think her mom is great, and I'm pretty sure her mom is okay with me. We actually have a lot in common. The thing about the church, MIL is the preacher. We've actually visited a UU church once, and if we lived in a place with more choices, I would probably investigate them. But the kids love the ritual, they love the people, they see both gparents there participating, and they want...
Okay, today I'm going to do something bigger. I have a couple boxes in the kitchen that need to be sorted and stored. (mostly camping gear from 3rd weekend September) (some stuff from halloween) The cooking binge tomorrow would be much more pleasant if I don't have to walk around those. Getting on that right now. thanks for the welcome, bejeweled!
Hm, I'd say it's more big bumpy warts, less orange. Thanks.
Love this thread. I look at everyone's lists and it looks like you get so much more done than I do. Maybe if I join I'll get better. Today I roasted 1.5 pumpkins and some seeds, took dd1 to school and dd2 to preschool, searched for some recipes for pumpkin cake (bro's birthday is on TG day) and frosting, a bit of kitchen cleaning, though I never get caught up. Oh yeah, I also did a half hr massage. that really takes over an hour. Hm, sounds like more than it felt like as...