or Connect

Posts by Lizamom

Well, you could be me, the way you talk. My firstborn was intense, we bonded before she was born, I am deeply in tune with her. But all kids, all births, all pregnancies, and the mother herself, is different each time. Are different each time. What a convoluted sentence. My #2 dd is very mellow, and I felt unneeded for a long time after she was born. I had to work at the bonding for months, and I had to remember that she wasn't the same as #1dd. So while my first dd...
ok, I'm hooked. What's amica? What does it do? I am a sponge...teach me!!!
My DD is scheduled for surgery in a couple weeks. My sister has suggested she take echinecea for the infected cyst she has. Some herbs don't mix well with surgery because they affect clotting and so forth. Is echinecea one of them? That's my main concern, but I also have general questions about echin. Is it safe for kids? What exactly does it do for abcesses, cysts, and so on? Anything else I need to know (like it turns urine purple or something-could use the advance...
Where can I get cloth pads? I don't get Mothering Mag, it's probably in there. Used to get LLL's mag, not anymore. Was it in there? Concerning my DDs...my almost five year old is very developed and has already lost her first tooth, so I am mulling over how to prepare her for her "moontime" (I like that). When are little girls getting their first period these days? I actully know (unusual in a family that rarely spoke of such things) that my grandmother was 16 when she...
Way to go! And these are great replies, too. I really struggled with this when my firstborn was a baby. My kids were (?! ARE!) drop dead cute and all babies attract people anyway. The fun part was that my firstborn would scream bloody murder if anyone so much as made eye contact, let alone tried to pick her up or talk...She's since grown beyond all that, for the most part, but back then people accused me of reclusive living, of sheltering her(and this is bad because...?),...
I think this object issue is like the nature/nurture discussion- it's a bit of both, mixed in differing proportions for each child. My 4 yr old dd is very intense- I've often said she needed two or three mommas- and she usually has at least one object with her in bed or in the car. I can gauge her reaction to a particular situation by how many animals she's carrying around. For instance, When I was prego she carried around six or eight animals most of any given day. When...