or Connect

Posts by rf1170

thanks for the commiseration and advice, guys!  things are better.  Sunday was just miserable, but that night he slept a bit, and he's been better every day since.  I gave him baby ibuprofen for about a day and a half, and that really seemed to help him.  I also gave him a dose or two of baby Tylenol and rubbed some Orajel on his upper gums, but neither of those had much effect.  he was still cranky, but he held it together pretty well.  he stayed awake a good long time,...
so anyone else dealing with painful teething?  it seems like Oliver is getting a bunch at once right now, and things have gone from bad to worse in the last two or three days.  he hasn't eaten anything and has refused to nurse since about 6am today (so going on 8 hours).  he's had one small pee since 8am, and I'm wondering whether I should call his doctor...  he's finally asleep right now wrapped up skin-to-skin with me, so hopefully he'll feel better when he wakes and I...
as for meat, I usually chew it up a little bit before giving to Oliver (same for vegetables that might be hard for him to eat) and either put it on a fork or offer it in my fingers.  he's not wild about feeding himself, though I usually offer pieces of stuff as well, but he does seem to like to eat what I feed him, so that's why we do it that way.  and I just give him whatever food is on my plate, salted, buttered, peppered, garlicked, whatever.  a couple of times I gave...
yeah, Oliver gagged up some cantaloupe that he'd been to eager about, but he was fine afterward.  he's also been a lot more excited about food this week, seemingly out of nowhere.  he's had sweet potatoes with butter every morning, and some part of lunch and dinner each day too.  today he loved my lunchtime oatmeal, which I chewed up a little before giving him so the rolled oats wouldn't gag him.  and last night he shared some goose and dumplings and got a little impatient...
mammalian meat allergy?!  that's a kick in the dick for sure.  poor guy.  I'll let you know how it goes!
I wish I'd taken at least one or two photos of my belly.  I wasn't that happy to be pregnant, but I'm pretty happy to be a mom now.  and I know I like looking at the photos of my mom when she was younger and pregnant with us, so I wish I'd taken one to show Ollie.  maybe someone snapped one of me without me realizing it, though!
"Add ground beef/turkey/chicken/squirrel."  so inclusive.  
wrenmoon, my husband's been shooting squirrels in our backyard with a BB gun!  I cleaned most of them since, between the two of us, I've done more butchering, but he did a couple as well.  I think they look like skinny rabbits.  I haven't cooked them yet, but I think I'm going to fry them and make some milk gravy.  have you eaten or cooked them?  any suggestions?
oh, I should add that I got a little misty when I heard a song on the radio.  I should also add that this NEVER happens to me - except for the times in my life when I've dealt with depression, my emotions never got out of whack during my cycle.  and when I was pregnant, except for the tears I shed over an unplanned pregnancy, I never felt weepy or emotional.  even during my labor and delivery, I didn't cry, and it was several weeks after Oliver was born before I got...
I'll add my voice to this crazy chorus: Oliver crapped out a wad of paper that my husband smoothed out and identified as part of the wrapper of a Subway sandwich.