or Connect

Posts by merenwen

Thank you everyone.   The thing is, DP doesn't buy into parenting styles, theory or whatever. He has some strong ideas based on his experience and on what his mother did with his siblings. I've tried to talk children psychology and all with him but it's just not working. We did talk however and he assured me that he would never prevent me from holding my baby or spend as much time as I want with her. I guess that if he sees me happy doing something he'll just...
Thank you so much for your answers ! I feel a bit better now.   Another question though:   How do you handle different opinions on discipline and slapping/spanking ?   If your DH thinks slapping is appropriate for such and such behaviour but you don't agree, how do you handle it ?   On a side note: If a baby kicks you, do you slap his foot ?  
Ladies I need some help !   I've had a great pregnancy so far, birth should go smoothly and I thought that the next step would be to enjoy my baby.   I want to babywear, BF and be as gentle as possible with DD but now I'm really confused.   DP is really not supporting babywearing. He said that he wouldn't stop me from trying but that it looks like a bad idea to him. He thinks that's how you create needy and demanding kids. He's not into what he calls "hippy...
I know what you mean. It's supposed to work quite well. I'm not questioning that. I just don't like to be bossed around, especially when lady parts are involved. Looks like women everywhere are doing just fine without it so....  
Hello ladies,   Here, in France, we have what's called perineal re-education. It's almost mandatory for every new mum and paid for by the state.   For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's a funny article about it: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2012/02/postnatal_care_in_france_vagina_exercises_and_video_games.html   Now, I am not going through this. No way. I've had enough exams down there already, and I haven't even given...
My heartburns have always been throatburns, and God knows I've had lots of them. Here's a few things that worked for me:   - Drink red raspberry leaf tea with honey   - Eat an apple (granny smith works best for this)   - Drink the following cocktail: a good squeeze of lime or lemon, half a teaspoon baking soda, ice cubes and sparkling water. It's not delicious but not awful either. And it soothes the throat and burns in a matter of minutes.   Hope...
  And you drank RRLT nonetheless ?
Kelly, I could be wrong but herbs do have an expiry date. They don't go bad per se, but they do loose their medicinal properties. Frozen herbs are to be used within 6 months, dried herbs within a year. So I'm not sure your RRL will be helpful. I hope another member can prove me wrong though .   QUESTION to everyone: I've been drinking (almost) faithfully my RRL for the past 2 months. I'm almost 18 weeks now and I've been having some strong BH. My midwife got...
To add to the joy of being constantly tired, yesterday was heartburn day. Awful burning in my throat and very painful spasms. I felt like crying. I tried baking soda in a glass of water, Yuk ! And didn't work. A spoon of honey made the burning worse for a while. I then ate an apple with the skin.   I don't know if it was the apple, the honey or both but my heartburn was gone in about 10 minutes. Maybe that can help some of you ladies.   For the...
Thank you for your answers.   I thought I would be able to exercise and do things but it's not gonna happen just now. Oh well. I guess I'll just get as much rest as I can   I'll check my iron level and I'll start vitamin D as well. I guess it can't hurt.   Thanks again ladies, you're a great help !