or Connect

Posts by mamato3cherubs

nevermind :)
My gut would tell me to move on as well! There is a high false positive rate of diagnosis with this condition. As a homebirth midwife I would monitor growth using fundal height and palpation of baby, if at some point we really became concerned, then maybe a follow up u/s. but they are so notorious for being wrong when it comes to fetal size that it is not a real reliable tool IMO. It terrifies me to think of your baby being exposed to so much ultrasound. I would also...
I had spoken with the parents but no the midwife at the time I posted. The mother was unsure as to what everyones role was going to be and what the midwife was going to want as well. I am a student midwife at this time, finishing the PEP process this year. I could fall into either role. I just wanted to be prepared for a few senerios when I walked in to the meeting. I decided to prepare a doula contract ahead of time and if something else was needed I would go back to...
You are welcome. I hope so too. I know that sometimes payment plans can work out for those who even thought they never could do it. Our State medical plan will pay but you have to really be planning ahead of time and wait until third trimester to apply. It is a round about way. they dont pay well either so you often have to pay for prenatal care up to that point yourself. there are OBs that will say to the right person that they believe she can have a vaginal birth just...
I posted this in another group so I have c&p it here...Thank you for any insight!   I could use some info or thoughts, just brainstorming. Does anyone here work as a midwife's assistant? Not as a student of that midwife? Or have you hired a midwife's assistant for just one birth? I have a client that started as a doula client who was unsure if she was going to end up at home but at the time really expected to be going into the hospital. She is near due, we met...
We have an OB here in town that employs a doula for his practice. I feel that it creats a conflict of interest and dont agree with it. A doula should be working for the parents and supporting their wishes even if they are not in compliance with hospital protocol. This is really hard to do if you are employed by the hospital. You tend to lean in the direction of the paycheck. That said, maybe it works in your area. It would not work in mine.
There are several homebirth midwives in the Eugene/Springfield area, both state licensed and not, who are supportive of and attend VBA2C. There is NOT an OB in the area that will help her. I am an hour south but have been working with midwives in that area for the last year and have learned the ins and outs. There is one freestanding birth center run by a midwife in the area but state regs will not allow her to attend after 2 c's at the center, only at home. Depending...
I know this is late, I use a cheap BP cuff, it is a single tube one, meaning the bulb and gauge are together, I really prefer it to the ones I have used from different midwives while training. I dont remember the brand but it is a standard less expensive one for nurses.   I have a Littmann II steth. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And I feel it is wellllll worth the extra money.
I just happened across this thread and I clicked on the link to the list of supplies that the mentioned midwifery service carries. I want to say that is INSANE!! I have worked with and known many different midwifes and in different places and never have I seen that extensive of a kit. Maybe for some nurse midwives in some states, but not your typical homebirth midwife. I saw a list the other day that was a good one and I was using it to help remind me of things, I will...
I dont understand why it is any more difficult really. I have not looked at all of the MEAC programs, but the ones I have looked at have modeled their experience paperwork after the NARM PEP paperwork anyhow. They just add the academic portion to it and there you go. Some are really not even that great of an education to begin with. I know of a couple in particular that are basically just PEP with an intense study in what you have to know and or do to pass the NARM exam...