or Connect

Posts by cantora87

We packed up several shelves of books and a bunch of our picture frames to prepare for listing our house.  Also talked to the realtor and his "stager" is coming out tomorrow.  We tried listing it ourselves but it hasn't gotten many bites and we're really ready to move.  Found a house I *love* in our destination city--it was built in 1920 and is beautiful with plenty of room for the big family we're hoping for without being pretentious or overwhelming.  Great yard, across...
Our LO isn't quite walking, but when Green Baby Bargains had them for 50% off we got several pairs of Pedoodles for outdoor wear. They're soft, flat, and have wide toe-boxes so their toes can spread as the walk/run like they're meant to. They also use eco-friendly, non-toxic materials to make them.
I've been watching this thread, hoping I'd be able to join it soon, and now I can!  It's not for sure, but we think we've found renters for our house!  If it works out, they'll move in first of September.  We're not totally sure where we're going (ultimately we want to refurbish an Airstream and travel the country), but probably in my parents' basement apartment for a few months or move in with my sister-in-law whose roommate just broke lease and left her with all his...
Well, I was an only child and homeschooled, and I loved it. Besides my DH, my mom is still my best friend. We had a blast. I was involved in lots of groups, so "socialization" wasn't a problem. I understand that in quantitative terms, homeschooling just one doesn't seem as "worth it," but one child is just as valuable and needs you and your attention just as much as many. Busy-ness does not create or equal value.
NKJV & ESV
25 year old momma here... It is a tough situation.  Not too too long ago I was that 13 year old pushing boundaries (often unwittingly), and I'm soooo glad my mom would share her wisdom with me and usually keep me from wearing "grey area" things.  I would sometimes be upset in the moment, but a few years gives a lot of perspective, and I appreciated her honesty and willingness to "be the mom" even when it meant she may not be my favorite person for a few days.  She would...
Hm.. They don't have that on the mobile version, so I'll just have to log in on an actual computer lol. Thanks!
Hi everyone! My DH suggested we do this for July and I'm so glad to have him taking the lead with our finances and encouraging me to be more frugal! I'm Stephanie, SAHM to one DS (5.5 months old), and DS is an accountant. He hates his job, so we're trying to get our spending under control so we can save and learn to live on less to give him more job flexibility. We also want to sell our house and downsize to an Airstream for a while to travel around the country and work on...
Great discussion! I agree that the church is the people, Christians, that make it up--not an institution or denomination. Sometimes I'm frustrated with said people, but I do think it's important to be part of a local assembly and not forsake gathering together for worship, edification, encouragement, giving, and sharing communion. The church, flawed as it may be, is Christ's bride, and the pattern in the NT is for local Christians to assemble together often. It is...
Thanks!  I think that's what it was.  The next time I changed his diaper it was much less noticeable, and by the end of the day it was gone.  Phew!