or Connect

Posts by Zuri's Papa

Quote: If a doctor doesn't offer you the tetanus immune globulin, which is not a vaccine, then they must not think the wound is likely to develop tetanus anyway. In an unvaccinated individual with a wound that is likely to develop tetanus, they're supposed to offer TIG. Here is some info on TIG: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...di/202908.html If they do offer you TIG, then you'll have to decide whether or not you want it. It's a blood product with tetanus...
Quote: Originally Posted by carolhagan That was awesome. Did they let you cut the cord even thought she gave birth in the SUV? It appeared that way. Congrats!!! not only did the doc let me cut the cord, he also respected our choice to let the cord blood pump into the baby and waited to clamp it for 3 minutes while all the other responders were screaming at him to "clamp it! clamp it!" He just said very calmly, 'the dad and the doula say to...
Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. Yes, we did go to the hospital first but we were way too early and were sent home. Well, the next day contractions picked up again and but our doula took a while to get to us. The rest is history Quote: did your wife have heartburn by any chance ? Just asked her, she said YES...throughout the whole pregnancy. ps. Jen123, I thought we had large kids, I now bow down to you!
Hi all. Haven'te been very active here (I'm usually a lurker anyway!) but we had a healthy new son in August and we have been quite busy as you can imagine with a newborn and a 2.5 yeal old. Devano is quite the large chap...he's tipping the scales at 20lb @ 3 months of age! Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn93p8NTs2s PS. And yes, we did have the baby in the SUV! No medical interventions possible in that scenario!
MonicaS, perhaps myspace will allow it if you inform the admins up front that there is some nudity but nothing vile in the video. It's like a biology class to be honest. (oh, and with a few swear words of course! )
The video has not been up and working for over a week now. Is there another source to view the Penn and Teller video?
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/...620.xml&coll=5
We just had this discussion with our doc a few weeks ago. She said that infants have fevers all the time - it's just that parents may not be aware of them. She said it's a part or a child's development. I would be a little concerned about consistently having 100+ though. I say keep an eye on it and if it continues get her checked out.
His behavior is totally unacceptable...you're paying his salary and this is how you are treated???? I say use this energy to draft a letter to the hospital board of directors and CC him. He needs to be reported otherwise some other mom will get the same abusive treatment as you!
We had an ultrasound for our first child but decided to skip it for our current pregnancy. I'm sure we got some snickers from family but they can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. We make the decisions and if they're not mainstream enough for some people tough.